Glasgow - The World's Greatest City - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow - The World's Greatest City

On 2017-5-23 at 9:09 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

How many people are aware two natural burns, the Camlachie and Molendinar, still run beneath the city streets and flow into the Clyde ? Both covered over in the late 19th Century.

Pictures of the Molendinar from a few years ago 

http://catchingphotons.co.uk/blog/miscellaneous/the-molendinar-burn/

I'm a really sad bästard so I find stuff like this fascinating. :lol:

Glasgow truly is a magical, mysterious and deeply romantic city. :wub: Beat it Venice !

thata cool, love stuff like that. I'd be too much of a shitebag to go exploring like that though

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Assume we disregard the parts if the city built & financed off the back if the slave trade ?

Discussed already. It is the great shame of the city. We don't walk away from that.

Thing is though, I don't think your at all sincere about that.

When you post about others being "left wing, refugee hugging terrorist sympathizer types" or your posting history of attacking immigrants (despite being one yourself), backward comments about women, outdated jokes about the Irish and gay people, claiming the British Empire was a force for good and even getting upset at Fiji wanting to remove the union rag from their own flag - it makes me very dubious that you actually care a jot about something like the slave trade.

You have a very good recall

Almost as good as claiming Michael Foot wore a donkey jacket to fend off the cold ; in no way aligning himself with the miners.

Che Guevara wore a beret to keep the spiders off his head

if you indeed represent the new breed of Scotland fan ; then i am indeed glad am out of it

26 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

You have a very good recall

if you indeed represent the new breed of Scotland fan ; then i am indeed glad am out of it

Not good recall, it's actually all on your posting history for everyone to read.

Didn't deny any of the things I said which is noticeable. You weren't sincere about your point on the slave trade, sad man.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Back on topic now ....

Anyone know more about this ? An fascinating article about a network of old GPO tunnels that run beneath the city centre.

http://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/history/inside-glasgows-secret-tunnel-network-12828668

Knew there were tunnels didn't know much else. There's a few old subway tunnels too, there is one that runs from the Central hotel to stay Enoch but as far as I know it's bricked over.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 9:36 PM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Why? As we don't sing the sash anymore in the West Stand?

I'm both glad you are out of it and glad we are far removed from the Scotland support of the past.

We don't need bigots in our support.