Ryan Jack to Rangers - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Jack to Rangers

3 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

That was all down to Templeton. I'd say Sandaza would be a better example, Rangers treated him horrendously. However, I'm sure we could all probably list players that have went to other clubs and their careers haven't exactly panned out. 

Exactly. Templeton had achieved nothing before going to Rangers and has achieved just as much since. His career has not gotten worse, it's stayed the same. 

Sandaza is possibly more accurate but again hadn't really done much before going to Ibrox. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Exactly. Templeton had achieved nothing before going to Rangers and has achieved just as much since. His career has not gotten worse, it's stayed the same. 

Sandaza is possibly more accurate but again hadn't really done much before going to Ibrox. 

I'd disagree on Templeton, had been doing really well at Hearts, albeit, like all wingers inconsistently and by the time he left Rangers he couldn't find a club!

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'd disagree on Templeton, had been doing really well at Hearts, albeit, like all wingers inconsistently and by the time he left Rangers he couldn't find a club!

Was that not because of 2 long term injuries though, one was about a year if i remember right.

50 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Apart from being one of the best strikers in the country at the time, yep. :blink:

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

As Bluegaz says Templetons problems were injury related. He'd hardly kicked a ball in 2 years. That wasn't bad coaching. 

8 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

Jack is a decent player.  Compact and tidy.  He was good in European games.  The problem is, he has no balls whatsoever - on or off the pitch.  Went missing in too many big games (or went down injured 'cos he didn't fancy it).  He was hugely destructive in the changing room.  He had brawls with Flood, Logan and fell out with McInnes and others.  He was kicked off the bus on the way to Ross Co last season (season before one just finished) - his dad had to pick him up in Elgin!  He then finished off at Aberdeen by telling bare faced lies to his manager. 

Dons already have a replacement in Tansey and Shinnie is now captain (and, unlike Jack, he really is a captain). We won't miss Jack at all.  Hayes on the other hand......if he were to go, that would be a monumental loss.  

what happened there like ?

6 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Depends how you define "achieved".  He'd played in Europe and scored away at Anfield just days before he wasted his career by going to Rangers. 

Hes got a lovely house and a cracking motor though :ok: 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Depends how you define "achieved".  He'd played in Europe and scored away at Anfield just days before he wasted his career by going to Rangers. 

Hes got a lovely house and a cracking motor though :ok: 

Exactly. Pasta Mick is saying moving to Rangers was a disaster for Templetons career. 

It seems we both disagree. 

On 2017-6-2 at 11:27 AM, Glasgowmancity said:

Another one possibly?

DBQqY7eWAAAS1-M.jpg:large

Be hard pushed to find worse people in the world than those who wear their teams colours when on holiday/ going on holiday, helmets to a man/woman.

19 minutes ago, Mox said:

Be hard pushed to find worse people in the world than those who wear their teams colours when on holiday/ going on holiday, helmets to a man/woman.

It's a Rangers supporters holiday, though.

(Leave her alone ya big bully.)

1 hour ago, Mox said:

Correct. Weird behaviour. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, Mox said:

I think adults wearing football tops outside a game, around the house or maybe at 5s is weird anyway. And earings on older gentlemen. 

10 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

I think adults wearing football tops outside a game, around the house or maybe at 5s is weird anyway. And earings on older gentlemen. 

Totally agree. If you're not playing football and you're an adult, you shouldn't be wearing a football top. 

Guest BlueGaz
1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

So an adult isn't allowed to wear one to a Rangers convention in Vegas?

(Please enlighten me to the appropriate attire.)

People can wear what they want, when they want. But sometimes I think it is weird.

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

So an adult isn't allowed to wear one to a Rangers convention in Vegas?

(Please enlighten me to the appropriate attire.)

Only 1 of the 2 Rangers fans in the pic were wearing a football top. So it's not all weird. 

14 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

People can wear what they want, when they want. But sometimes I think it is weird.

Wearing a Rangers top to a Rangers convention isn't weird.

(A sad waste of the precious time God has allowed us here on terra firma, but not weird.)

Guest BlueGaz
3 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

(A sad waste of the precious time God has allowed us here on terra firma, but not weird.)

:lol: won't disagree with that. 

On 2017-6-2 at 11:27 AM, Glasgowmancity said:

Another one possibly?

DBQqY7eWAAAS1-M.jpg:large

Can someone help me out here? Firstly is this actually Kenny McLean (as I would not recognise him from Adam) or is this a piss take? Is this roaster not in the Scotland Squad for the England game. I'm assuming this is a post Scottish Cup Final pic. Has he pulled out the squad injured or is it OK for Scotland players to fly 5000 miles to the west coast of America on a jolly and totally wreck themselves through jetlag before being involved in an important game