Signed Up To The Cause? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Signed Up To The Cause?

Any one got any advice as to the best way to support the cause form abroad, apart from trying to engage people in debate on FB and making them aware to what Scotland really needs, also have a lot of friends from Northern England, who are just as disgruntled at he way they are being governed, and see a need for change, deep down although they speak up for the union I think they can also empathise with our mindset in wanting to be Independent, like I ask though what else can I do from afar to help the cause?

There's a lot of stuff knocking about so you need to be careful to read it before sharing :shocked: Start with the SNP, SSP and Greens FB pages. Women for Independence are posting some good stuff as well. 'The 45' page is pretty good too. The Scottish Indepence Party have just set themselves up but are already sounding a bit too radical for me and also posting a lot of stuff about raising petitions on vote rigging, so be selective with them. Otherwise, don't be put off with people telling you to 'let it go', 'come together', 'move on' etc. That's what the 'unfriend' button's for :lol: Order some badges/T-shirts etc (Flure's posted pictures and prices of badges somewhere) and get your pals to post photographs of themselves on FB/Twitter etc wearing them in exotic places.

Good luck :ok:

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one got any advice as to the best way to support the cause form abroad, apart from trying to engage people in debate on FB and making them aware to what Scotland really needs, also have a lot of friends from Northern England, who are just as disgruntled at he way they are being governed, and see a need for change, deep down although they speak up for the union I think they can also empathise with our mindset in wanting to be Independent, like I ask though what else can I do from afar to help the cause?

You can join the SNP from abroad

There's a lot of stuff knocking about so you need to be careful to read it before sharing :shocked: Start with the SNP, SSP and Greens FB pages. Women for Independence are posting some good stuff as well. 'The 45' page is pretty good too. The Scottish Indepence Party have just set themselves up but are already sounding a bit too radical for me and also posting a lot of stuff about raising petitions on vote rigging, so be selective with them. Otherwise, don't be put off with people telling you to 'let it go', 'come together', 'move on' etc. That's what the 'unfriend' button's for :lol: Order some badges/T-shirts etc (Flure's posted pictures and prices of badges somewhere) and get your pals to post photographs of themselves on FB/Twitter etc wearing them in exotic places.

Good luck :ok:

Had all of what you have said already, move on, let it go, democracy won etc! I certainly won't be put off.if anything this makes me more determined than ever, funnily enough even if it sounds strange the support I have had from my German colleagues, and their level of disbelief plus critiscm that Scotland didn't have the balls to go it alone has cemented that determination! Where do I find Flure's post?

Keep trying to join but the website crashes.

WHY do i ask myself when the SNP is not going to make much of a difference to me down in Liverpoolshire.

Well If i can put a few quid in their coffers which can only help the cause, and cant wait for the local political parties to knock on my door next year wanting my vote, then not having a clue what the SNP logo is stuck on my window.

What you YES voters are going through i have not got a clue but having voted Labour for 30 years and having my Scottish team of Glasgow Rangers :oops: but from last week they can both fcuk themselves

Bullying lying scumbags and that's just the Labour party and will leave my opinion of Rangers off the board. :ok:

Keep trying to join but the website crashes.

WHY do i ask myself when the SNP is not going to make much of a difference to me down in Liverpoolshire.

Well If i can put a few quid in their coffers which can only help the cause, and cant wait for the local political parties to knock on my door next year wanting my vote, then not having a clue what the SNP logo is stuck on my window.

What you YES voters are going through i have not got a clue but having voted Labour for 30 years and having my Scottish team of Glasgow Rangers :oops: but from last week they can both fcuk themselves

Bullying lying scumbags and that's just the Labour party and will leave my opinion of Rangers off the board. :ok:

Welcome to the club! :ok:

I still haven't had an email back or anything, signed up for DD, now thinking I should have just made a payment.

Anyone else still waiting to hear back?

Me too, I'm sure it will sort itself out once the avalanche of new members settles down! :)

Me too, I'm sure it will sort itself out once the avalanche of new members settles down! :)

Same for me. I joined online on Friday. I've now left a message on their voice mail to get confirmation that my details went through OK. Phone number is 0800 633 5432.

Calm down everyone. If you phone them up it will just slow the process down further. Remember this is unprecedented. They've doubled their record membership of 60 years in 6 days.

Good point.

George Orwell, Animal Farm:

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100011h.html

That should pretty much cover it...

Tories = Humans

New Labour = Pigs

We are right at the end of the book now. The people of Scotland are looking into the farmhouse (Westminster) and we can't tell the pigs from the humans any more.

However, unlike the animals, we aren't going to let them keep our farm much longer.