Thoughts and Questions About God - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thoughts and Questions About God

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/1/2017 at 3:28 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Donny 'The Gatekeeper'?

He just puts a 'superior' slant on what the lost want to hear and it gets eaten up.

Worked a treat on admin when they banned Jude.

He is the vampire that you foolishly welcomed into your home.

His purpose is obvious to me. I just skip over his stuff.

(Don't say you weren't warned.)

:sing: "Coloured lights can hypnotise

Sparkle someone else's eyes...

Scotty you are madder than a box of frogs. Is Prince William still due to whip his pitchfork in in the near future ? I will say this though you do brighten this place up its  been right boring of late so keep up the good work ;)  

On 3/1/2017 at 3:28 AM, Scotty CTA said:

Donny 'The Gatekeeper'?

He just puts a 'superior' slant on what the lost want to hear and it gets eaten up.

Worked a treat on admin when they banned Jude.

He is the vampire that you foolishly welcomed into your home.

His purpose is obvious to me. I just skip over his stuff.

(Don't say you weren't warned.)

:sing: "Coloured lights can hypnotise

Sparkle someone else's eyes...

Get tae..

Donny is just a semi-educated plumber...gatekeeper nah ? 

I can see why Scotty is upset at the way Jude was treated. I was not posting during that time but I saw it. 

I can understand why some folk argued with Jude. I don't know why but Jude became very sure of her opinions and this in particular antagonised some on here. That said I witnessed her make many attempts to get on afresh and there was a wee clique who would not allow that. If she was not posting for a while you would start to see wee references to her in sarcastic posts until she reacted and then it was back to the full on bullying. They missed her when she went quiet and that is what I found extremely distasteful. They way they would dig her out for no reason at all until she was hounded off. Donny was very much part of it. Sorry man but you were. Scotty has never forgiven him. 

On 01/03/2017 at 3:11 AM, Scotty CTA said:

You see... Despite your aggression, you can't help but learn. (God is soooo great!)

I've learned 2 things, firstly, you are a fully paid up mentalist and secondly, i've wasted enough time deabating this absolute drivel.

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

I can see why Scotty is upset at the way Jude was treated. I was not posting during that time but I saw it. 

I can understand why some folk argued with Jude. I don't know why but Jude became very sure of her opinions and this in particular antagonised some on here. That said I witnessed her make many attempts to get on afresh and there was a wee clique who would not allow that. If she was not posting for a while you would start to see wee references to her in sarcastic posts until she reacted and then it was back to the full on bullying. They missed her when she went quiet and that is what I found extremely distasteful. They way they would dig her out for no reason at all until she was hounded off. Donny was very much part of it. Sorry man but you were. Scotty has never forgiven him. 

It's not how I'd characterize my role in those threads. I agree that she came in for dog's abuse from some, and she seemed to revel in it, seeing it as a sign that she was winning I suppose, which in a sense she was. Those of us who'd engage with her on the topics rather than getting personal ended up being accused of all sorts of shite: hence 'the gatekeeper' stuff where she said I was actively protecting masonic paedo rings or something of the sort. 

The threads are still out there.

Gosh Donny you are a poster who is hard to dislike. Charming charming chap. You know it is crazy but I am also a bit 'frightened' of you. Whatever you have said I also think you are not what you say you are. 

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Gosh Donny you are a poster who is hard to dislike. Charming charming chap. You know it is crazy but I am also a bit 'frightened' of you. Whatever you have said I also think you are not what you say you are. 

Hmmm, there's a fair few on here over the years that have managed to dislike me. I can sort of see why: my posting persona doesn't particularly resemble me in 'real life', but I assume that's true of most of us.

For what it's worth, I am what I say I am: a teacher in the international school system, though in the past I have also worked in publishing/advertising. The TAMB is the only secret society to which I belong - secret in the sense that I tend not to tell folk about it (and it annoys the hell out of the wife).

Scotty seems to genuinely hate me - as you say, he can't forgive me for the way he thinks I treated Jude, but it's all wrapped up with him also thinking I'm a gatekeeper, vampire, khunt, Satanist etc. Message board life can be weird.

Donny even I look at you twice after that 'Jude shit'. I have no idea why you invested so much of your big brain into battering "crazy" Jude on here.

From now on with Scotty you are forever Satan... accept that.

Forever for me you are probable MI6... B) or satan etc blah blah

Edited by thplinth

Jude tended to [mis-]use stuff about which I was genuinely interested - the English renaissance when early 'science' was in this fluid, mystical state somewhere between physics and metaphysics. I was aware I was getting sucked in but my memory is that when I tried to pull back, which I often did, she would call me out until eventually I'd reengage. Rather the opposite to what you were suggesting, to be honest; at least that's how it appears in my memory.

Yup, I accept that Scotty thinks I'm evil. Quite why someone as bright as you would imagine that MI6 would see Jude's interests as a threat to national security though is beyond me - edit: sorry, I realize you're not being serious; apart from not trusting me - you're serious about that.

Edited by DonnyTJS

To be fair Jude used go off on tangents and make conclusions that where just bollocks and often way beyond the Pale.

The first argument I had with her was her claim that the proof of the one world government/masons/whatever was taking over was the number of people California was locking up and the number of prisons that they were building. The fact that California was trying to alleviate chronic  over crowding and in fact locked up less (as a percentage) of their population than most other states (think something like Rhode Island or Utah topped the list) turned into a 'Your are on their side' debate and I use the word debate to be polite.

She than moved through the Ann Frank episode and, for me, the crap about people who kill themselves are part of a NWO conspiracy which was personally painful

It is hardly surprising that Jude made few friends and in fact annoyed people. .

18 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Jude tended to [mis-]use stuff about which I was genuinely interested - the English renaissance when early 'science' was in this fluid, mystical state somewhere between physics and metaphysics. I was aware I was getting sucked in but my memory is that when I tried to pull back, which I often did, she would call me out until eventually I'd reengage. Rather the opposite to what you were suggesting, to be honest; at least that's how it appears in my memory.

Yup, I accept that Scotty thinks I'm evil. Quite why someone as bright as you would imagine that MI6 would see Jude's interests as a threat to national security though is beyond me - edit: sorry, I realize you're not being serious; apart from not trusting me - you're serious about that.

I don't think you are MI6, Donny. You are clearly clever enough to do it if you wanted to. But, no MI6 agent, who was trying to keep the TAMB secret, would tell "the wife" about it. Just widnae happen.

18 hours ago, andymac said:

To be fair Jude used go off on tangents and make conclusions that where just bollocks and often way beyond the Pale.

The first argument I had with her was her claim that the proof of the one world government/masons/whatever was taking over was the number of people California was locking up and the number of prisons that they were building. The fact that California was trying to alleviate chronic  over crowding and in fact locked up less (as a percentage) of their population than most other states (think something like Rhode Island or Utah topped the list) turned into a 'Your are on their side' debate and I use the word debate to be polite.

She than moved through the Ann Frank episode and, for me, the crap about people who kill themselves are part of a NWO conspiracy which was personally painful

It is hardly surprising that Jude made few friends and in fact annoyed people. .

I noticed a change in Jude whereby she became super confident in her opinions. I would really like to know why that was and I wonder if Scotty can shed any light on it. It was after this that most of the problems occurred on here.

I don't disagree with your first point but it went well beyond that into bullying. People started to enjoy it and it was ugly. If you all really believed she was mental then whet the hell were all of you doing harassing a mentally ill person like that.

The only reason I mention any of this is I can see the same folk coalescing against Scotty now. It is like a hunt gathering or something. Just let him be. The most devastating response you can make to someone is to be indifferent. No need to hound folk off, never has been.

And for the record I think Jude had a good heart and I still do. I don't know what it was but something happened. I think Jude was was going through an epiphany of sorts and it just overwhelmed her (temporarily). 

19 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

Yeah I suppose I am. :(

58 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The only reason I mention any of this is I can see the same folk coalescing against Scotty now. It is like a hunt gathering or something. Just let him be. The most devastating response you can make to someone is to be indifferent. No need to hound folk off, never has been.

I don't think there's any comparison, to be honest.

Scotty rarely makes the sorts of claims that Jude made. Much of what he questions is 'science', and it's in the nature of science to question itself - there is no absolute certainty. Scientists are forever tinkering with the narrative and so a non-scientist can do the same with relative ease. Plus there have been paradigm shifts in our understanding of scientific knowledge (geocentric models to heliocentric models; Newtonian absolute space and time to Einsteinian relative spacetime) and no scientist worth his or her tenure would deny the likelihood of more paradigm shifts in the future. Edit: This isn't to say that any of Scotty's claims are credible, but the nature of science is such that a counter-claim based purely on 'certainty' isn't really possible.

Also, science is based on the sort of mathematics that is simply beyond most of us to follow, and those that can follow it can't explain it to the rest of us. They have to resort to analogy; and analogy by its nature is not 'truth'. Our observations of the motion of the planets is not 'proof' of a heliocentric system; apparently it is mathematically possible (though daftly complicated) to explain the motions of the planets in a geocentric model.

Scotty is also on firm ground in that he's a 'Bible-believing Christian' and the nature of a book like the Bible is that it is open to inexhaustible interpretation; and he knows the Bible well - better than anyone on the board (with the possible exception of Padre Andrew). Even when he doesn't have the answer, he simply goes to the many sites that do: there must be loads out whose purpose is to solder up any chinks in the righteous armour of the Bible-believing Christian.

So Scotty can just make claims and then say that all counter-claims are either faked (impossible to expose a fake on a message board) or wrong.

Jude didn't work that way. She was reading sites that simply contained errors of fact and then pasting such errors wholesale onto here and found herself in the centre of shitstorm after shitstorm. I've now reread those threads I linked to above (not pleasant reading), and there's a prime example in the Titanic thread where she read that the Roman Catholic church had deleted one of the ten commandments and she believed it. When the supposed deleted commandment was pointed out to her in the RC catechism, rather than accept a mistake and move on she refused to accept her source of information had been in error and proceeded to link to more such sites, one of which turned out to be white-supremacist hate site. She got herself into holes that would have been easy to scramble out of but she just kept digging - sometimes throwing out some nasty shit at folk while she did so (and yes, she was the target of plenty of nasty shit too).

For Scotty's view at the time, you could look at this exchange: http://taboard.com/archive/index.php?showtopic=138906&p=2198031

Edited by DonnyTJS

@theplinth

I hope you are not including me in thinking of poeple having a go at Scotty. I'm genuinely interested in the subject as you should be able to see from my posts. My only gripe or frustration is when Scotty quotes scripture instead of giving us his thoughts. I would also like to see what others think on my thoughts in the posts

14 minutes ago, hunchy said:

@theplinth

I hope you are not including me in thinking of poeple having a go at Scotty. I'm genuinely interested in the subject as you should be able to see from my posts. My only gripe or frustration is when Scotty quotes scripture instead of giving us his thoughts. I would also like to see what others think on my thoughts in the posts

Wishy washy guessing.

Yeah donny Jude started shooting from the hip and with absolute certainty. I have no idea what caused that but it was a noticeable shift. From there it went downhill as it opened her up to ridicule. You guys should have seen a bigger picture there and backed off IMHO. 

30 minutes ago, hunchy said:

@thplinth

I hope you are not including me in thinking of poeple having a go at Scotty. 

Absolutely not! I could probably fire off half a dozen names who were like flies on a jude-jobby (edit: you know who you are :lol:) but you hunchy would not even register.

Edited by thplinth

Just now, thplinth said:

Absolutely not! I could probably fire off half a dozen names who were like flies on a jude-jobby but you hunchy would not even register.

Cool cheers I'm at least trying to have a debate