Find The Band - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Find The Band

I cleaned out my cookies and it cleared off my score. I was so close to finishing as well, only about 40 to go, never mind. I have a feeling that even when I am told what the long haired guinea pigs are I still wont recognize the band. What is that one. It is the only one I don't know that is annoying me.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that barely visible sticker of Mt Rushmore one as well? Tried Rush then Blur... then ran out of ideas completely. 

And what is written on that bit of paper on the hard of hearing rug? I cant see half this shit.

Edited by thplinth

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I cleaned out my cookies and it cleared off my score. I was so close to finishing as well, only about 40 to go, never mind. I have a feeling that even when I am told what the long haired guinea pigs are I still wont recognize the band. What is that one. It is the only one I don't know that is annoying me.

Super Furry Animals

Edited by Big Col

3 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Is that barely visible sticker of Mt Rushmore one as well? Tried Rush then Blur... then ran out of ideas completely. 

And what written on that bit of paper of the hard of hearing rug? I cant see half this shit.

Yes, it's Mt Rushmore

I can't make out the writing either but it doesn't matter. The answer is the name given to the document.

2 hours ago, neil r said:

It what the pink shoes may be made from...

Yeah, we actually had that already. we thought it was for the chairs. we sat on 98 for half an hour and then figured out that The dog biscuits one hadn't gone in. Without help and the Web I don't think many coukd finish that.

41 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

You could get more by randomly entering band names for ten minutes.

That's what I did anyway :-)) 

Reminds me of what an old school teacher said when someone in my class - not me - got 3 out of 20 in a multiple choice science test.  

"A blind monkey with a pin could do better".  

Supportive and understanding in those days.

Edited by aaid

probably the same one that had me stuck on 98. I went back through and rechecked all my answers only to suspect there were actually 4 bands on the calendar. I don't know my boy bands either so I just started punching names in after a google search until I got lucky.

Edited by Big Col

16 hours ago, Big Col said:

SPOILER - the complete answers

I'll try and post a pic in a spoiler

Canny quite get the format right but all the answers are in the 'hidden contents'

I jacked it in at 85 when one of Mark78's clues (Liberty - think location) made me realize I'd missed one of my favourite bands. To be honest, I'm not too upset that I didn't recognize the TT logo, and I'd never have figured out the smashed mug. Enjoyed it. Ta neil r.

I'm still not getting the liberty/location one.    oh, and what's the guy in the painting doing?

On the mug front, ignore that it's a mug, just accept that it has been .......

i'm on 88.

Edited by aljay

The 5 on the lamp was the first one I think I got. 

Whereas the long haired guinea pigs I could have stared at until the end of time and never worked out. They are not guinea pigs they said... what is it about them they said.

Their long hair obviously they are long haired guinea pigs.

Fur. If that word had entered my mind just once for a nano second I would have got it. But no. Hair all the way.  

Fhuckin neil.

15 hours ago, thplinth said:

The 5 on the lamp was the first one I think I got. 

Whereas the long haired guinea pigs I could have stared at until the end of time and never worked out. They are not guinea pigs they said... what is it about them they said.

Their long hair obviously they are long haired guinea pigs.

Fur. If that word had entered my mind just once for a nano second I would have got it. But no. Hair all the way.  

Fhuckin neil.

I actually got the answer for the guinea pigs but thought it was the cat at first! I thought the cat was flying with a super hero logo on it's chest....... (I got the cat later!!)