Bye bye Gordon - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bye bye Gordon

Squirrelhumper

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

FFS I have said plenty of times tonight Strachan must go and I will say it again - STRACHAN MUST GO. However, it will change nothing as things stand - the quality of players just are not good enough.

So what's the point? 

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

My point is clear isn't it? I am saying the quality of players we have to pick from are just not up to the task of qualifying.

Why do you want Strachan gone if it changes nothing?

You keep repeating the fact that players are not good enough to qualify for major tournaments which is not true. Why do you bother even watching if that is the case.

It is not all about qualifying anyway. We just need a manager that gives this limited squad the best chance and that man is not Strachan. He has proved that.

Tell you what, we should rip hampden to the ground with the sfa in it......20 years of total shite, no one to answer for our failures at every level. The worst thing is...........I STILL THINK WE CAN WIN THE GROUP, if we get Walter Smith or someone outstanding as manager.

Edited by deso1
mispelled

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My point is clear isn't it? I am saying the quality of players we have to pick from are just not up to the task of qualifying.

Sack him. Hire me. I will do it for 40k a year, - I 'd be as good as him. 

20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Just so people get this daft idea out of their head that managers are the sole reason for our failures. Loiok through our team. Hanley and Martin ain't up to it but they are probably the best options we have and both have not even been first team regulars for their clubs (Championship sides) this season. Darren Fletcher is over the hill but who else do you play in there? We have no striker playing at the very top level in league football and most of our side are outwith the EPL.

You make a lot of good points here but some people just can't see it as we're all gutted by recent results and performances.

I say "recent" but it's over 15 years of pain. Variable managers but the pool of players just isn't there and we don't have a super-duper world class manager to change that as I think you're are saying..

Just now, JamDav1982 said:

Why do you want Strachan gone if it changes nothing?

You keep repeating the fact that players are not good enough to qualify for major tournaments which is not true. Why do you bother even watching if that is the case.

It is not all about qualifying anyway. We just need a manager that gives this limited squad the best chance and that man is not Strachan. He has proved that.

It is time he went as he has had a fair crack of the whip.

Time to move over and let someone else in but my main poiint stands. My confidence in this set of players is shot.

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Craig, I'm in Slovakia watching that. Yes it's pathetic I could have managed us to that defeat, a decent manger could have done better. It's absolutely pathetic. 

Of course it is. I am in no way denying it. The players have to be put under the microscope here which nobody is doing but should be.

Just now, Caledonian Craig said:

Of course it is. I am in no way denying it. The players have to be put under the microscope here which nobody is doing but should be.

If the players are shit and not good enough to qualify why put them under the microscope?

If they should be doing better and more can be expected then it goes against this idea that the players are shit and no manager can do better.

Just now, JamDav1982 said:

If the players are shit and not good enough to qualify why put them under the microscope?

If they should be doing better and more can be expected then it goes against this idea that the players are shit and no manager can do better.

Bit of both no doubt. Some made basic mistakes no manager can be blamed for.

3 minutes ago, JamDav1982 said:

So Strachan should be doing better with these players?

I doubt there would be much improvement whoever comes in. The same personnel problems are there. Bombscare defence with no other better options out there, no strikers playing in a top league and largely a squad full of championship players. We may cut ourt 3-0 hammerings but bottom-line I see is we still will come up short until we have a better pool of players to call on.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

15 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Ok, so keep Strachan, keep Levein. Never sack anyone, never aspire. Sad. 

Look how much better we are now ?? We're still not qualifying and I'd guess many people slagging WGS were also creaming their jeans when he got appointed. He's failed but who's going to create 11 Messi's and make a difference in the immediate term ?