Salmond Gone - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Salmond Gone

Am I right in saying Nicola Sturgeon's a shoe-in to replace him?

I would like her or humza. First woman or minority first minister would be excellent

Edited by flumax

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devastated.

Everything he did was for Scotland's benefit.

It only gives sustenance to the bigots, haters, vultures and tiny-minded f*ckwits who base every single opinion of Scotland on a hatred of Salmond.

I didn't think that he had to resign, but I don't blame him after the disgusting abuse he's taken over the last few months.

Edited by Rossy

Nicola is the only one with the ability to take it on. The rest are pretty poor tbh.

I think she did well in the later weeks of the campaign, came across pretty well in the debates too, can't see any other choice to take over. Salmond has laid some incredible foundations for whoever takes it on going forward.

He was also the perfect guy to negotiate the settlement.

What a lost opportunity.

What settlement? Millibands not playing ball. I hope nothing happens so those soft nos sold by empty promises feel duped

Seems a dignified thing to do, he'll get respect for - in contrast to pathetic creatures like Miliband.

Will give new energy to the next campaign, with a new hungry undamaged leader.

They say Westminster will be relieved to see the back of him, so something is lost there.

However, causes need different kinds of leader at different times. A guerrilla leader who is willing to take risks against the odds, is needed for some phases. In a future phase it might be someone with different strengths who will deliver the goods, gain the fruits of current labours.

Over the years I've went from thinking Salmond was a smug used car salesman to bring engrossed in every word that comes out of his mouth, amazed by his passion and commitment and fully on board with his ideals and beliefs. I'm Genuinely saddened that he's made this decision and Scotland is undoubtedly a poorer place for it.

Over the years I've went from thinking Salmond was a smug used car salesman to bring engrossed in every word that comes out of his mouth, amazed by his passion and commitment and fully on board with his ideals and beliefs. I'm Genuinely saddened that he's made this decision and Scotland is undoubtedly a poorer place for it.

Me too. I'm just sorry it took me so long as I could've done more :worried:

Me and the wife drowning our sorrows in a bar in Malaysia. Been a shit year, her mother passing away in June, some other issues with the kids and now this referendum blow... Just about beginning to laugh tonight, news breaking about Eck and the band plays "beneath my wings" - you are my hero etc. Tears aplenty. But hopefully carthatic... Alba gu bràth

The SNP have no one to replace him. He was head and shoulders above anyone else. They are going to struggle now just like they did the last time he left. But this time he is gone for good.

Nicola Sturgeon ?

I'm in floods of tears. Mr Salmond is the only politician have ever admired. He s a credit to our nation and should be thanked across the land for his unswerving service.

We knew that the Westminster parties would renege on their 'vow'. I didn't think it would unravel inside 10 hours, But I'm so glad that their lies have been shown up so quickly because it will still be fresh in the minds of the Scottish people.

I just hope that the No people will see that we are being treated like dirt.

The fight MUST go on.