Glasgow Says Yes - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Says Yes

Surely not.

Okay, this result is a hammer blow for the SNP but Scottish Labour are unelectable.

This is a hammer blow, the SNPs main aim has been destroyed, they will really struggle to get back on the ball. This is a massive set back, it's the end for a generation.

This is a hammer blow, the SNPs main aim has been destroyed, they will really struggle to get back on the ball. This is a massive set back, it's the end for a generation.

I don't think it's that drastic, but I do think there is a window for the Greens, in a strange way. Big Patrick has always been careful to distance his view of independence from the SNP's, and I think he has done well over the course of the last few months. The SNP are obviously dented by this, but as are Labour to a degree given results in some of their heartlands. Possibility of Greens sneaking in and making a few gains?

Yep. I cant see Salmond willing to tolerate the eternal gloating of opposition and media - he'll step down. Nicola has a job holding the party where they are. Only thing in her favour is that there's little or no chance anyone in SNP will move to another party.

I agree that it is the end of independence for a generation (at least). But unless another pro-independence party emerges that is able to command a high level of support, the SNP will continue to receive my support at the ballot box.

Time will tell, though, I suppose.

I dont. I think Labour are fucked. Ironically, I think SNP will win. But theres the problem... what's the point? They would need to embrace devolution and I doubt many in party have heart or tolerance for it.

Apparently 40% of Labour voters said they were going to vote Yes. I would hope that many of them will remember their party siding with the Tories and working to deprive Scotland of its independence. And as a result, a minimum of five years more Tory rule from Westminster beckons.