Next Poll - Page 35 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But how many of the householders who plan on voting know (or simply don't know yet) told them Yes to get rid of them?

Maybe this is why both campaigns are convinced they are winning - lots of people are telling the No Thanks and Yes Scotland crews what they want to hear!

But how many of the householders who plan on voting know (or simply don't know yet) told them Yes to get rid of them?

Maybe this is why both campaigns are convinced they are winning - lots of people are telling the No Thanks and Yes Scotland crews what they want to hear!

Yep. Its one of my underlying fears. The folk that arent even interested in having a debate or listening to reason could just say Yes and minimise canvassing and maildrops. The social media and street presence might be largely confirmation bias.

• Today 9pm: ICM poll for The Guardian
  • Today 10:30pm: Survation poll for the Scottish Daily Mail
  • Wednesday 17th 6pm: Ipsos MORI poll for STV News
  • Wednesday 17th Expected well before midnight: YouGov poll
  • Wednesday 17th No time yet stated: Opinium poll for The Telegraph
  • Thursday 18th No time yet stated, early afternoon expected: Ipsos MORI poll for theEvening Standard

How can Ipsos Mori possibly publish a poll on the day that people are voting.

That cannot be right...

Wasn't voting reg as they called the mobile and still thought I lived in Moray. Which was 3.5 years ago. I asked how they got my details but the girls said she didn't know.

Polling companies don't usually phone mobiles. Has someone been winding you up?

From the YouGov Q&A which is consistent with all Pollsters that I know.

Telephone research companies use only landline numbers to reach people. Telephone polling companies generally achieve only 15 interviews for every 100 residential numbers they dial.

Survation:

A combination of random numbers seeded from the complete BT directory of households in the relevant wards and, in addition, a smaller amount of targeted lifestyle data for specific younger age brackets are called, to achieve a broad sample of ages and wards. Generally only landline numbers are called
Edited by Scunnered

Polling companies don't usually phone mobiles. Has someone been winding you up?

From the YouGov Q&A which is consistent with all Pollsters that I know.

Survation:

Survation phoned me previously on mobile for a poll, and again today, although I couldnt take todays call.