Voting - Page 11 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4000 Green votes in Edinburgh Central splits the Indy vote and lets in Ruth Davidson. This will probably be replicated on the regional vote. No chance of an overall majority. Tactical voting by the unionists seems to be working. Not for Labour though.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Winners interviewed by BBC, LD's 4/4 Tories 3/5 Lab 1/1 SNP 1/43

I think it's maybe 3/3 Labour now, SNP up to 2/55

We've also had 4 Liberal Lords on the panel and a Tory 'Lord' too

Clearly it's been a fantastic night for the Tories and Lib Dems according to the BBC, and we now look forward to the Labour 'fightback' on the list...

Edited by exile

I don't understand why BBC are saying 55 so far to SNP but STV only have them on 53? But either way SNP are going to get more constituencies than last time. Down to the list now. They are probably going to need 5 to 10 seats from the list. I don't think they will get enough.  Depends on how many gave their 2nd vote to somebody else. Not looking good for a majority. The "Both votes SNP" doesn't seem to have persuaded enough people? Time will tell. That Aberdeen Tory seat might just give SNP 2 list seat in North East Scotland. 

Edited by Orraloon

PARTY SEATS NET CHANGE IN SEATS+/- VOTES VOTE SHARE NET PERCENTAGE CHANGE IN SEATS+/- %
Party

Scottish National Party

Seats Net change in seats- Votes272,702 Vote Share43.5% Net percentage change in seats−1.9
Party

Scottish Conservatives

Seats Net change in seats- Votes136,555 Vote Share21.8% Net percentage change in seats+10.1
Party

Scottish Labour

Seats Net change in seats- Votes127,890 Vote Share20.4% Net percentage change in seats−7.7
Party

Scottish Green Party

Seats Net change in seats- Votes35,885 Vote Share5.7% Net percentage change in seats+2.3
Party

Scottish Lib Dems

Seats Net change in seats- Votes30,794 Vote Share4.9% Net percentage change in seats+0.5

34 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Tories have sealed 2nd place, quite unbelievable. Ruth Davidson has somehow played a blinder.

I didn't think they would do this well. I can't believe how badly Labour have collapsed. I didn't think it was possible for them to get any lower.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:
PARTY SEATS NET CHANGE IN SEATS+/- VOTES VOTE SHARE NET PERCENTAGE CHANGE IN SEATS+/- %
Party

Scottish National Party

Seats Net change in seats- Votes272,702 Vote Share43.5% Net percentage change in seats−1.9
Party

Scottish Conservatives

Seats Net change in seats- Votes136,555 Vote Share21.8% Net percentage change in seats+10.1
Party

Scottish Labour

Seats Net change in seats- Votes127,890 Vote Share20.4% Net percentage change in seats−7.7
Party

Scottish Green Party

Seats Net change in seats- Votes35,885 Vote Share5.7% Net percentage change in seats+2.3
Party

Scottish Lib Dems

Seats Net change in seats- Votes30,794 Vote Share4.9% Net percentage change in seats+0.5

Canne agrue with that.:lol:

57 so far, should win Argyll & Bute, Midlothian South is dodgy, and Ettrick is a lost cause.

Thats 58, only need 7 on the Regional List, I think thats dooable, should get 3 or 4 on South Scotland list alone.

Edited by kumnio

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

SNP hold Cunninghame North.

B) He's a top man is Kenny Gibson.

A bloody fantastic result for Plaid Cymru and Leanne Wood in Rhondda too.

Has that sectarian feckwit Michael McMahon been booted out to spend more time down at the chip shop ?

Edited by ErsatzThistle

8 minutes ago, kumnio said:

57 so far, should Argyll & Bute, Midlothian South is dodgy, and Ettrick is a lost cause.

Thats 58, only need 7 on the Regional List, I think thats dooable.

2 more constituencies to declare I think? Probably 59 total. Need 6 list seats. I am starting to believe again.:lol:

They are going to need over 40% in the regional list. Lets see how many defected to greens.

Edited by Orraloon

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

2 more constituencies to declare I think? Probably 59 total. Need 6 list seats. I am starting to believe again.:lol:

They are going to need over 40% in the regional list. Lets see how many defected to greens.

Three to declare, one will be SNP, one Tory, and one close call.

3 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

This is where giving green the 2nd vote would have made a difference in Glasgow. They could have taken 3-4 seats with the SNP vote.

That assumes that you knew in advance that SNP would win all the constituencies.