Support for Union "Soars" - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Support for Union "Soars"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye saw that today, had to laugh,  

All polling has an error of  + /- 3%  so no move at all then....

Exactly the same as 18th Sept.   and the only one to show a small drop...

Hey ho, it keeps the Yoons Happy...   :lol::ok:

Just shows how little attention to detail is paid by the likes of the Express and the Mail in rushing to publish anti-SNP / independence front page headlines.

Like this one from last week, what looks like an attack on the middle classes from the SNP actually amounts to 2% of Scots paying an extra £8 a week...

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-new-middle/

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Just shows how little attention to detail is paid by the likes of the Express and the Mail in rushing to publish anti-SNP / independence front page headlines.

Like this one from last week, what looks like an attack on the middle classes from the SNP actually amounts to 2% of Scots paying an extra £8 a week...

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-new-middle/

Speaking as one of the 2% it's balls and will result in the SNP losing both my votes.

No idea who'll be the benefactor from this though.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

Speaking as one of the 2% it's balls and will result in the SNP losing both my votes.

No idea who'll be the benefactor from this though.

The Tories I would imagine.

Actually that Wings article is twisting the facts too. Although only 2% of taxpayers actually move tax bracket, 15% would be paying the higher rate on their earnings between £42k & £45k...

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Actually that Wings article is twisting the facts too. Although only 2% of taxpayers actually move tax bracket, 15% would be paying the higher rate on their earnings between £42k & £45k...

I don't think he is.  The article that he's critiquing is the Daily Mail saying that not implementing the threshold change will hit middle earners which is clearly bollocks.

What you are saying is correct that people earning over £42k will be paying more tax but I don't think he's suggesting anything otherwise.

55 minutes ago, aaid said:

I don't think he is.  The article that he's critiquing is the Daily Mail saying that not implementing the threshold change will hit middle earners which is clearly bollocks.

I certainly agree with him there that a "middle earner" in Scotland currently gets nowhere near £42k p.a....

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

I suspected that was the case, if only 2% of Scotland were earning £42k+ that would be a much bigger story.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

What you are saying is correct that people earning over £42k will be paying more tax but I don't think he's suggesting anything otherwise.

they wont be paying more tax, they will be paying the same amount of tax as they pay just now. 

No increase. None at all.

They will of course pay more tax than other countries, as is the case just now.

Some countries pay more tax, some countries pay less tax. 

3 minutes ago, stocky said:

they wont be paying more tax, they will be paying the same amount of tax as they pay just now. 

No increase. None at all.

They will of course pay more tax than other countries, as is the case just now.

Some countries pay more tax, some countries pay less tax. 

Think you'll find that they (we) will be paying more tax than others in the same country.

6 minutes ago, stocky said:

everyone in Scotland will be paying the same   

or are you of the opinion Scotland is not a Country?

Is it just a word to you? ala Kezia...

None of that justifies me paying higher taxes than me equivalent in Sutton.

I wasnt saying it did, i was just correcting the point saying we would be paying more. 

We are not, we are paying the same.

People in other countries are paying less, that has always been the case.

9 minutes ago, stocky said:

I wasnt saying it did, i was just correcting the point saying we would be paying more. 

We are not, we are paying the same.

People in other countries are paying less, that has always been the case.

Because of where I live in the UK I'll be paying higher taxes. Completely unacceptable to me.