Support for Union "Soars" - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Support for Union "Soars"

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Just shows how little attention to detail is paid by the likes of the Express and the Mail in rushing to publish anti-SNP / independence front page headlines.

Like this one from last week, what looks like an attack on the middle classes from the SNP actually amounts to 2% of Scots paying an extra £8 a week...

http://wingsoverscotland.com/the-new-middle/

Did you see the article in The Scotsman (sic) with the headline....'Scotland heading towards 3rd world poverty' (or something like that....it came from a Labour councillor).

They had a big photo of some sink estate in Glasgow, supposedly to prove their point.

The photo was taken in 2004.....when it actually was a sink estate, under Labour.

Today, if you take the same photo from the same place, you'd get a shot of cared-for, brand new social housing with well tended gardens.

Lying BritNat fvckers.

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Just shows how little attention to detail is paid by the likes of the Express and the Mail in rushing to publish anti-SNP / independence front page headlines.

Attention to detail isn't the point. They got their feartie readership cowering, waiting for another SNPBaaad story so they can scuttle to the neighbours and spread the fear.

57 minutes ago, thplinth said:

If you earn more than 46k a year it will cost you 600 quid a year more to live in Scotland in extra tax versus an equivalent person living in England. Totally unacceptable.

Maybe not so considering Osborne has just had to back-track on his planned cutbacks on welfare.

My betting is he'll need to rethink his policy of raising the tax threshold on the higher earners as he has now got a £4.5 billion black hole in his finances.

I wonder where all the higher taxpayers will go now if he does leave the tax as is?

£11.50 a week out of a weekly salary of ~£885.00 is not really that much is it.

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

If you earn more than 46k a year it will cost you 600 quid a year more to live in Scotland in extra tax versus an equivalent person living in England. Totally unacceptable.

not true,not factual.

it will depend on circumstances.

If you have children at University , it will be cheaper to live in Scotland

if you are sick and need prescriptions, it will still remain cheaper to live in Scotland.

prescriptions in England are around 10 quid, so if you feel your high wages cannot pay i prescription for a sick person once a week,  then  that is something you need to deal with.

If I was lucky enough to earn 46k a year I think i could afford to pay a prescription for a sick person, but hey I dont, and i would still be happy to do it.

You dont. we differ. 

The fact remains you are not going to pay any more tax, not one penny more.  and still you moan......  

you mean you are not getting extra money...  you are complaining you are not getting extra money.

your TAX will stay exactly the same, EXACTLY THE SAME,  ,

but the tax of people in an another country differs , then so be it, people in different countries pay different taxes..  

People who live in other parts of the EU pay different taxes, whats the difference,

its not what you pay in tax that matters its what you get for your taxes.

You are complaining that you will be paying no more than you are paying now.....  

Bizarre

10 minutes ago, stocky said:

if you are sick and need prescriptions, it will still remain cheaper to live in Scotland.

Not to mention if you're paying a mortgage within commuting distance of London...

3 hours ago, stocky said:

not true,not factual.

prescriptions in England are around 10 quid, so if you feel your high wages cannot pay i prescription for a sick person once a week,  then  that is something you need to deal with.

If I was lucky enough to earn 46k a year I think i could afford to pay a prescription for a sick person, but hey I dont, and i would still be happy to do it.

You dont. we differ. 

The fact remains you are not going to pay any more tax, not one penny more.  and still you moan......  

you mean you are not getting extra money...  you are complaining you are not getting extra money.

but the tax of people in an another country differs , then so be it, people in different countries pay different taxes..  

People who live in other parts of the EU pay different taxes, whats the difference,

You are complaining that you will be paying no more than you are paying now.....  

Bizarre

Hi.

You seem confused.

If you live in the northern part of Britain you have to pay more tax.

Justification please. 

7 hours ago, stocky said:

not true,not factual.

You dont. we differ. 

Bizarre

Genuine laugh out loud moment there. Deary me...

5 hours ago, deecie said:

Hi.

You seem confused.

Justification please. 

you will pay exactly the same amount of tax as you pay just now.

How are you paying more.?

People in other countries are paying more tax and people in other countries are paying less tax.

the confusion appears to be all yours.

tell how much your tax will go up. how much more money will you pay.?

I will give you a wee clue, it is less than 1p....

11 minutes ago, stocky said:

you will pay exactly the same amount of tax as you pay just now.

How are you paying more.?

People in other countries are paying more tax and people in other countries are paying less tax.

the confusion appears to be all yours.

tell how much your tax will go up. how much more money will you pay.?

I will give you a wee clue, it is less than 1p....

Hi.

You seem to be struggling.

I will now have to pay more tax than my colleagues in the Sutton office.

I would like some justification for this.

The amount is irrelevant. It's the principle.

35 minutes ago, deecie said:

Hi.

Are you Alan in disguise?

Seriously.

will clear it for ya

YOU WILL PAY NO MORE TAX than you do just now.

Not one penny.

ziltch, nadaa, zero, nowt, nothing.....

You can of course come on here and complain that the Govt is not giving you £600 pounds more to add to your £42k + a year, but that is a different arguement.

People all over the world pay different taxes. 

Are you arguing  that everyone throughout the world pays the same taxes? do you not think the people of each country should decide what taxes they pay? What are you saying instead.

The govt of your country decides what taxes you pay, if you dont like that campaign and vote for a govt that taxes you what you think is fair. 

If you cant grasp that , then you really are Alan.....

anyway i need to go to work now and earn my sub 42K salary.  

44 minutes ago, deecie said:

Hi.

As Stocky says, when it comes to income tax Sutton will soon be in another country.

I've got work colleagues in the USA, they don't pay the same tax as me...

40 minutes ago, stocky said:

Are you Alan in disguise?

Seriously.

will clear it for ya

YOU WILL PAY NO MORE TAX than you do just now.

Not one penny.

ziltch, nadaa, zero, nowt, nothing.....

You can of course come on here and complain that the Govt is not giving you £600 pounds more to add to your £42k + a year, but that is a different arguement.

People all over the world pay different taxes. 

Are you arguing  that everyone throughout the world pays the same taxes? do you not think the people of each country should decide what taxes they pay? What are you saying instead.

The govt of your country decides what taxes you pay, if you dont like that campaign and vote for a govt that taxes you what you think is fair. 

If you cant grasp that , then you really are Alan.....

anyway i need to go to work now and earn my sub 42K salary.  

Hi.

You have failed to address my problem. 

Scotland is still part of the U.K.

We had a pretty big discussion about this 18 months ago.

30 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

As Stocky says, when it comes to income tax Sutton will soon be in another country.

I've got work colleagues in the USA, they don't pay the same tax as me...

No.

Both Sutton and Scotland are in the UK.

This isn't changing anytime soon.

Your American colleagues live in a different country (not the UK) which is why they pay a different level of tax.

19 minutes ago, deecie said:

Your American colleagues live in a different country (not the UK) which is why they pay a different level of tax.

And the level of tax they pay depends on which state they live in within the USA.

Welcome to Devo-More...

i know that polling is put in context by comparison with previous polls.

However, it's still 42 / 58 whichever way you cut it.  I'm not getting the jump for joy.  Okay, it's an increase on a previous poll.  And support for the Union over independence has fallen significantly.

but what it shows is that there is a solid plus 40 for independence and there are those who would rather a strong Scotland in the UK as their first choice preference.  The natural majority for Yes is not there.  It could happen but needs convincing the home rulers that the UK will never give us what they want.

16 hours ago, deecie said:

Because of where I live in the UK I'll be paying higher taxes. Completely unacceptable to me.

So you are an Independence supporter as long as you are OK and to hell with the rest? I think you would be a lot happier with the tories than the SNP

19 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

i know that polling is put in context by comparison with previous polls.

However, it's still 42 / 58 whichever way you cut it.  

No its not.   Its 39% Independence, 49% Devolution, 6% full rule from Westminster, 6% Don't Know.

You can't extrapolate those figures into a comparable Yes/No ratio as that's not the question that was asked.

8 hours ago, deecie said:

Hi.

You seem confused.

Justification please. 

we live in Scotland and we will pay the tax that the Scottish Government says we will pay. If you don't like it, vote for the tories. 

11 hours ago, stocky said:

not true,not factual.

You dont. we differ. 

Bizarre

great post

16 hours ago, stocky said:

they wont be paying more tax, they will be paying the same amount of tax as they pay just now. 

No increase. None at all.

They will of course pay more tax than other countries, as is the case just now.

Some countries pay more tax, some countries pay less tax. 

Fair point, although I don't like the double negative of "you won't pay less tax".