Board Update - Poll - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Board Update - Poll

Board Upgrade Poll  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Is the board better, the same or worse than before the last update?

• It's too early to say
    • Much better
    • Better
    • The same
    • Worse
    • Much worse
    • Arse gravy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Wow 87% of board users say the board is no better than before the update. That is quite a lot.

Every revamp has initially negative feedback (and constructive criticism) then settles and is fixed (we move on).

I'm curious to know why it was changed.

11 minutes ago, fringo said:

I'm curious to know why it was changed

If it was a case of they could have waited like with Windows Vista but no they dived in then they should all be lined up and every member should boot them in the balls once.

If they had no choice like with a shit microsoft update which went wrong then fair enough only one of them should receive a token tap to the balls by one (weak) tamb member. It is just the law of the jungle. Don't blame me I don't make the rules.

Edited by thplinth
coz!

4 minutes ago, thplinth said:

If it was a case of they could have waited like with Windows Vista but no they dived in then they should all be lined up and every member should boot them in the balls once.

If they had no choice like with a shit microsoft update which went wrong then fair enough only one of them should receive a token tap to the balls by one (weak) tamb member. It is just the law of the jungle. Don't blame me I don't make the rules.

I'm not blaming anyone - just curious.

15 minutes ago, thplinth said:

This is a fluid situation but correct me if I am wrong... Worse, Much Worse and Arse Gravy currently have an outright majority at 51%. Let's declare independence.

"Arse gravy" is a positive.

Only 22% think it's worse.

I support your decision to separate from the board.

1 hour ago, deecie said:

"Arse gravy" is a positive.

Only 22% think it's worse.

I support your decision to separate from the board.

Aye. I thought arse gravy was a positive as well. If it isn't then I want my vote back.

I mean, if it wasn't for arse gravy, where would we be? Sitting on the pan straining to force one out without any lubrication, that's where we would be. That wouldn't be a good position to be in IMO.

12 hours ago, fringo said:

Every revamp has initially negative feedback (and constructive criticism) then settles and is fixed (we move on).

I'm curious to know why it was changed.

As with every message board, the board software releases a new version every so often. This was the first "major" upgrade in while, hence why you'll have noticed a bigger difference. There has been many smaller upgrades done which you'll have been unlikely to notice.

We took the decision to upgrade for a number of reasons, there is always a number of security updates within an upgrade which make things safer and more secure for you guys, and us as well. We also have a support agreement with the board maker and they stop supporting old versions after a while, add to this that missing upgrades, especially major ones, makes upgrading much harder in the future.

We know people may take a while getting used to it, some already have, while others may just not like it but we took the decision for the majority of users who use the board.

While you suggest the figures in the poll suggest a majority of board users don't like it, that is just of those that have bothered to vote on the poll, feedback has been quite positive otherwise.

If anyone has any individual issues with things not working, could they possibly DM me with details of what isn't working, what device etc they are using and i'll try and get through everyone.

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

You used to be able to go to the first unread post simply by clicking the thread title in mobile view. Now you have to hit a wee bit next to the title. It's actually more difficult than it used to be!

Yeh - but entirely useless if you browse on multiple devices. 

9 hours ago, Admin6 said:

As with every message board, the board software releases a new version every so often. This was the first "major" upgrade in while, hence why you'll have noticed a bigger difference. There has been many smaller upgrades done which you'll have been unlikely to notice.

We took the decision to upgrade for a number of reasons, there is always a number of security updates within an upgrade which make things safer and more secure for you guys, and us as well. We also have a support agreement with the board maker and they stop supporting old versions after a while, add to this that missing upgrades, especially major ones, makes upgrading much harder in the future.

We know people may take a while getting used to it, some already have, while others may just not like it but we took the decision for the majority of users who use the board.

While you suggest the figures in the poll suggest a majority of board users don't like it, that is just of those that have bothered to vote on the poll, feedback has been quite positive otherwise.

If anyone has any individual issues with things not working, could they possibly DM me with details of what isn't working, what device etc they are using and i'll try and get through everyone.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I was just curious about the revamp.

My vote was more on the positive/neutral side.

Edited by fringo

10 minutes ago, fringo said:

I think you're mistaking me for someone else. I was just curious about the revamp.

Aye that would be me. 

I don't think we can start negating the poll by bringing in folk who do not vote and assume they contradict the poll. The more who vote the more representative it will be of those who do not. 

Plus worse, much worse and arse gravy are up to 54%  while better and much better are struggling at 17% it is hardly a contentious statement that a majority think it is worse.

That said no one will remember why it is shit in a week or three. You just get use to it, better or worse.

3 hours ago, fringo said:

So, you voted "arse gravy" as well then? 

I think at least half the "arse gravy" votes should be counted as positive. Maybe more.