Today's Games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sometimes all this forum needs is a like button. This is one of these (some)times

Rossy, would you like to date?

Lol. :wink2:

I've yanked a few Saintee chains on here, but some of my best mates (and sometime posters on here) are Saints fans and I have the utmost respect for the club and what they've achieved over the last few years.

I've always, always been consistent in saying that one of our hardest games of any season is again St Johnstone. A very, very difficult side to beat.

Edited by Rossy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never seen before...I doubt if I will see it again....the sight of Adam Rooney scoring a solo goal from halfway inside in his own half.

He's a great striker, but he's as slow as a week in jail. Watching the Saints defenders trying to close him down was like watching oil tankers trying to dock.

It was like, weird man.

I'm happy to test it.

I'll second that motion.

18 hour sesh today is a nice warm up.

:ok:

Less the scrapping and the blood in my Fred Perry top that I'm already trying to explain why the washing machine is on at this ungodly hour :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

But, cor blimey, the last time I saw a ref blow up for full time in the situation he did was the Welsh guy (Clive Thomas?) in the World cup in a game where Brazil scored. Saints player, bearing down on two Aberdeen players in the box, one defender just about to pull him down when the whistle goes. Weird.

Strange game at Perth.

2 early goals without reply and you'd think Aberdeen would settle down and run out comfortable winners but that is apparently not the Aberdeen way.

Imagine both managers will be unhappy at every goal conceded but if we go down that route then there will be a rake 0-0 draws to drool over.

Wasn't a classic but pitch like many including Pittodrie makes playing a lot of free flowing football difficult when they are so heavy.

Overall I thought Aberdeen were worth the win and a 1 or 2 goal margin was the right difference. Anything more would have flattered us but at 4-1 the opportunity to gain a bit of revenge for the 5-1 was there to be taken but we took our foot off the gas and let Saints back in with rotten defending to make added on time more nervy than it should've been.

Have to say I thought the ref blew when the ball was in the middle of the pitch. Also heard he was well over the 4 mins.

Amused by the Saints fan ranting all afternoon in the stand opposite the main stand near the family search section. Must be great to have a season ticket near him.

Nice of a Saints fan on the way out to wish us all the best in trying to topple Celtic too.

I have them at 11/8.

Betting markets usually just reflect the bets being placed by the punters so there may be a few going on Hibs pushing the Hearts price up

Yes

When there is such a drift in horse racing it usually means folk in the know know that horse isnt going to be winning

Thats what i was alluding to !

Strange game at Perth.

2 early goals without reply and you'd think Aberdeen would settle down and run out comfortable winners but that is apparently not the Aberdeen way.

Imagine both managers will be unhappy at every goal conceded but if we go down that route then there will be a rake 0-0 draws to drool over.

Wasn't a classic but pitch like many including Pittodrie makes playing a lot of free flowing football difficult when they are so heavy.

Overall I thought Aberdeen were worth the win and a 1 or 2 goal margin was the right difference. Anything more would have flattered us but at 4-1 the opportunity to gain a bit of revenge for the 5-1 was there to be taken but we took our foot off the gas and let Saints back in with rotten defending to make added on time more nervy than it should've been.

Have to say I thought the ref blew when the ball was in the middle of the pitch. Also heard he was well over the 4 mins.

Amused by the Saints fan ranting all afternoon in the stand opposite the main stand near the family search section. Must be great to have a season ticket near him.

Nice of a Saints fan on the way out to wish us all the best in trying to topple Celtic too.

Just got the highlights on sky news as was in Edinburgh yesterday. 3 points very welcome in what was a big test for us. McDairmid is always one of the toughest places for us to go. I saw us "drop" 5 points there last season.

We've looked poor at corners/set pieces for some time which is a real concern and seemed to be the case late on yesterday. Can see the 6ft 5" goalie getting between the sticks soon.

How did Smith and Pawlett play? Good to see them involved, just hoping they took the opportunity.

Just got the highlights on sky news as was in Edinburgh yesterday. 3 points very welcome in what was a big test for us. McDairmid is always one of the toughest places for us to go. I saw us "drop" 5 points there last season.

We've looked poor at corners/set pieces for some time which is a real concern and seemed to be the case late on yesterday. Can see the 6ft 5" goalie getting between the sticks soon.

How did Smith and Pawlett play? Good to see them involved, just hoping they took the opportunity.

Smith was shite.

Should've kept low instead.