Fat Sally For Killie? - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fat Sally For Killie?

10 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Lee Clark given 3.5yr deal. 

Clark is a highly knowledgeable coach & probably quite an underrated manager, but he's also completely bonkers. I've known a couple of people that have worked with him & they say that he's prone to flying off the handle, & doesn't cope too well when the job gets stressful. He was certainly one of our more interesting managers of recent times & had us playing some fantastic football for the first part of his tenure.

I think he did a solid job at Birmingham when the club were in freefall as well.

He divides opinion though, but he ws a really likeable bloke whenever I saw him & I hope he does well.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Clark is a highly knowledgeable coach & probably quite an underrated manager, but he's also completely bonkers. I've known a couple of people that have worked with him & they say that he's prone to flying off the handle, & doesn't cope too well when the job gets stressful. He was certainly one of our more interesting managers of recent times & had us playing some fantastic football for the first part of his tenure.

I think he did a solid job at Birmingham when the club were in freefall as well.

He divides opinion though, but he ws a really likeable bloke whenever I saw him & I hope he does well.

Pleased to hear that Huddy.  Almost everything I've seen so far has been negative but unlike AJ & Locke I'm happy to give him a chance. :ok:

On 10 February 2016 at 1:08 PM, Pool Q said:

That's what pretty much everyone who knew anything about football was saying. A competently run club would have brought in a decent manager on half the wages that McCoist was milking from them, who could in turn have brought in players from the lower leagues, and used some of the young players they had on their books, at a fraction of the cost. When they got into the Championship they could have strengthened. I've lost count of the number of times I've had this conversation with, frankly, brain dead Rangers fans who just couldn't get past the 'he's never a Ranger player' or ' could he handle the pressure of playing at Rangers?' garbage at a time when Rangers were playing Annan, East Stirling and Elgin.

Problem with this would  have been keeping crowds coming in. signing players from div 1 clubs a the start wouldnt have kept fans on side. It wasnt about quality, it was being seen go still be an attraction

4 hours ago, Louch said:

Problem with this would  have been keeping crowds coming in. signing players from div 1 clubs a the start wouldnt have kept fans on side. It wasnt about quality, it was being seen go still be an attraction

Then those fans are idiots.

Interesting left-field choice. Reminds me of when Motherwell appointed Baraclough.

Is there any non-Scottish manager, with no real knowledge of the Scottish game. who's ever been a success in the Scottish game ?

Edit : I mean at a 'normal' club, not an OF one.

Edited by Rossy

21 minutes ago, Rossy said:

Interesting left-field choice. Reminds me of when Motherwell appointed Baraclough.

Is there any non-Scottish manager, with no real knowledge of the Scottish game. who's ever been a success in the Scottish game ?

The legendary Kenny Shiels of course.

32 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Stephens Bridies, Bennys chippy in Falkirk and Killie pies. Hopefully Alloa stay up and I'll get a pie roll too. It will be the fans who need to go on a diet this pre season not players!!

A pie roll is an Alloa thing? 

BTW the Chippy at the back of the Fire Station is better than Benny  T's.

13 minutes ago, Angus_Young said:

A pie roll is an Alloa thing? 

Not that I know off but Recreation is the only ground I've seen them being sold in. 

Is the chippy at the back of the Dublin end at cappelowe still open. Last time Hibs were in division 1 it was amazing, the brown sauce was out of this world 

Tannadice used to have decent pies too

6 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

I thought a pie roll was a dundee thing 

the food at grounds in the lower leagues is far better right enough 

The lower leagues are local bakers and the like whereas Easter Road, Tynie, Parkhead and higher attended stadiums will all be mass produced in a factory probably months before. Twice as dear and rotten

39 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

The lower leagues are local bakers and the like whereas Easter Road, Tynie, Parkhead and higher attended stadiums will all be mass produced in a factory probably months before. Twice as dear and rotten

Yeah very true

i took a year out of a hearts season ticket around 5-6 years ago and went round the Scottish grounds for a season.

thorougly enjoyed it, Forfar was probably the best food but east Stirling fans were the best laugh. 

5 minutes ago, hannibal smith said:

Yeah very true

i took a year out of a hearts season ticket around 5-6 years ago and went round the Scottish grounds for a season.

thorougly enjoyed it, Forfar was probably the best food but east Stirling fans were the best laugh. 

I must admit I've enjoyed the away days more the last couple of years. It's different from the same old routine

On another note, Killie are 5/1 to beat us tomorrow night. After a decent performance against us at Ibrox...and after we failed to beat Alloa...and after we have suddenly stopped scoring any more than one goal per game...and Killie's form has improved under Jig...and with the added impetus of a 'new manager bounce'...

There have been better times to play them, certainly. Rangers' 1/2 odds are ludicrous.

10 hours ago, thewolf_1980 said:

On another note, Killie are 5/1 to beat us tomorrow night. After a decent performance against us at Ibrox...and after we failed to beat Alloa...and after we have suddenly stopped scoring any more than one goal per game...and Killie's form has improved under Jig...and with the added impetus of a 'new manager bounce'...

There have been better times to play them, certainly. Rangers' 1/2 odds are ludicrous.

I have as much confidence going into the game as I did last week...  But on a semi-related note.  I've made enough off your mob from the bookies over the last 4 years to fund my hoagie and video game habit.  You'd think they'd learn by now when you play the big teams.

18 hours ago, Rossy said:

In terms of trophies, taking the Scottish Cup as an example there was Ivan Golac, Valdas Ivanauskas and Paulo Sergio.

And of course King Kenny in the League Cup ;)