Hibernian Vs St Johnstone, League Cup Semi-Final - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibernian Vs St Johnstone, League Cup Semi-Final

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By agreeing to Tynecastle the Saints board effectively committed the fans to 3.5K tickets or how many the stand behind the goals holds. They must have known that there would have been a clamour from Hibs fans for tickets, same as there was from Aberdeen fans 2 years ago.

I've got lots of sympathy for Saints fans here, but I do think that your own club should have been stronger in at least trying to insist on a more neutral venue.

From a selfish point of view, I’m glad it’s at Tynecastle. I can wander down to the game, meet my mates in the Prison club that their bus is booked into, and have a wee bevvy before the game. But, I agree with you. I think the blame of the ticket situation lies firmly at the door of St. Johnstone's bargainers. . St Johnstone should have said “We want 6000 tickets and, if we can’t sell them, then Hibs can get the rest”. Rather than, “Can we have 3 thousand odd and, if we have demand for a wee bit more, can we get a wee bit more tickets.”
In short, in my opinion, it’s our board’s and therefore the chief (Steve Brown) fault that our fans can’t get to the game

From a selfish point of view, I’m glad it’s at Tynecastle. I can wander down to the game, meet my mates in the Prison club that their bus is booked into, and have a wee bevvy before the game. But, I agree with you. I think the blame of the ticket situation lies firmly at the door of St. Johnstone's bargainers. . St Johnstone should have said “We want 6000 tickets and, if we can’t sell them, then Hibs can get the rest”. Rather than, “Can we have 3 thousand odd and, if we have demand for a wee bit more, can we get a wee bit more tickets.”
In short, in my opinion, it’s our board’s and therefore the chief (Steve Brown) fault that our fans can’t get to the game

Or look at it the other way.. Saints can we have 5000 SPFL here is 3000 if you sell those we have allocated you another 500 in the main stand..

Saints sounds ok to us...

Now that the SPFL have shafted us it will mean that any future ticket issues clubs will demand more tickets so Hampden will look empty..

I also think Saints were foolish to agree to Tynie but would there have been an issue if we had received what we asked or what was promised..

Should be an interesting game today.

There's not much between the teams....Saints have the recent big game experience and are a well-organised, tough team, Hibs are in good form and winning games at the top end of the Championship.

How's Saints recent form been ? I had the impression it hasn't been that great...maybe I'm wrong there.

I think it'll be a tight one though. I can see extra-time or maybe even penalties.

Edited by Rossy

Credit to Hibs. They've put out some better teams on their way to the final. Good luck to them. If Celtic beat County, I hope Hibs pish all over them.

Well done to the Hibees, at least if we get past County we know there'll be a decent crowd for the final now ;-)

Oops. found them online http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35451447

John McGinn looks some player.

Radio was raving about his performance.

Having now seen it, the penalty looks a dive to me. Actually thought Cummings dived in the lead up too.

Regardless they probably should have won by a more comfortable margin going by the highlights. Great result, well done to them.

Radio was raving about his performance.

Having now seen it, the penalty looks a dive to me. Actually thought Cummings dived in the lead up too.

Regardless they probably should have won by a more comfortable margin going by the highlights. Great result, well done to them.

Yeah pen looks soft but overall saints can have no real complaints, better team won