Chris Mclaughlin Banned By Rangers - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chris Mclaughlin Banned By Rangers

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old news this but hey-ho, I give it a month. Then it will happen again in another year. Then again another year after that. Ad infinitum, ad nauseum. McLaughlin is a rather tepid reporter though, in my humble opinion. At least other 'Rangers-haters' (!) occasionally bring something to the table but McLaughlin is a personification of how dull a few of the BBC reporters are these days, Messrs Wilson and English excepted.

On the up side, at least the OP presumably thinks we have a nice stadium, despite it being older than our "training base". :)

Old news this but hey-ho, I give it a month. Then it will happen again in another year. Then again another year after that. Ad infinitum, ad nauseum. McLaughlin is a rather tepid reporter though, in my humble opinion. At least other 'Rangers-haters' (!) occasionally bring something to the table but McLaughlin is a personification of how dull a few of the BBC reporters are these days, Messrs Wilson and English excepted.

On the up side, at least the OP presumably thinks we have a nice stadium, despite it being older than our "training base". :)

So you approve of the banning?

If so, why?

Are the club pandering to the lunatic fringe of their support with this?

I think Wolfies original post was saying he thought McLaughlin was just not very good. A sentiment I'd echo wholeheartedly.

Still being a crap reporter isn't reason to ban him otherwise Chick Young would have been unemployed years ago.

I think Wolfies original post was saying he thought McLaughlin was just not very good. A sentiment I'd echo wholeheartedly.

Still being a crap reporter isn't reason to ban him otherwise Chick Young would have been unemployed years ago.

Although chick Young is a sycophantic crap reporter...

No, I don't approve of it at all.

No he's not approving of it but he doesn't condemn it either. Because he thinks Chris isn't very good and brands him a rangers hater. Like Jim Spence I suppose? Perhaps you prefer Keith Jackson Wolfy. Smacks of apologist pish I am afraid Wolfy.

No he's not approving of it but he doesn't condemn it either. Because he thinks Chris isn't very good and brands him a rangers hater. Like Jim Spence I suppose? Perhaps you prefer Keith Jackson Wolfy. Smacks of apologist pish I am afraid Wolfy.

Sheddy, me ol' mate, let me put you straight here.

See the wee exclamation mark in brackets? That was intended to show my scoffing disagreement of the phrase "Rangers haters", which I intentionally placed between single inverted commas. Apologies, obviously too subtle for you.

My first paragraph was intended to show the tedium and repetitiveness of the ongoing 'banning/pals again/banning again/pals again again' vicious cycle. I don't agree with it. I think it's puerile by the club and it panders to the vocal numpties. I wish they would just bloody well ignore them and get on with far more important issues, like fighting the balloon Ashley in court or perhaps even concentrating on trying to achieve promotion.

Oh... and I don't particularly have an opinion one way or the other re Keith Jackson. He's a typical tabloid journo doing what tabloid journos do.

Edited by thewolf_1980

Sheddy, me ol' mate, let me put you straight here.

See the wee exclamation mark in brackets? That was intended to show my scoffing disagreement of the phrase "Rangers haters", which I intentionally placed between single inverted commas. Apologies, obviously too subtle for you.

My first paragraph was intended to show the tedium and repetitiveness of the ongoing 'banning/pals again/banning again/pals again again' vicious cycle. I don't agree with it. I think it's puerile by the club and it panders to the vocal numpties. I wish they would just bloody well ignore them and get on with far more important issues, like fighting the balloon Ashley in court or perhaps even concentrating on trying to achieve promotion.

Oh... and I don't particularly have an opinion one way or the other re Keith Jackson. He's a typical tabloid journo doing what tabloid journos do.

Fair enough Wolfy, I missed your subtleties but they weren't that obvious. You seemed to deflect with the point that McLaughlin is a dull reporter. But knowing your general feelings on stuff like this the benefit of the doubt is yours. Apologies if I misread your post - probably too much wine is the cause.

Fair enough Wolfy, I missed your subtleties but they weren't that obvious. You seemed to deflect with the point that McLaughlin is a dull reporter. But knowing your general feelings on stuff like this the benefit of the doubt is yours. Apologies if I misread your post - probably too much wine is the cause.

Lucky swine. I'm driving early tomorrow so I'm on my last gin and tonic of the night. :(

Anyway, best of luck to Utd tomorrow. I've actually bet them!

So, are you on the sauce every day, I take it?