Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 54 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

I read that nearly all the states Clinton won did not require voter ID. 

Thats certainly one way of looking at it.

The other way of looking at it is a bit more problematic for democracy. Over the last decade or so, certain states, with Republican led state legislators, have brought in laws that require voters to have government issued photo ID. The poor, and the black community have struggled to provide, or even attain, acceptable ID so have been effectively been barred from voting as a result, which is quite handy for Republicans as these groups tend to vote Democrats. 

Voter fraud has never been an issue, the stats on it prove this, even Republican biased media outlets cant come up with any figures that would justify voter suppression against the public. The entire thought process behind ID is self preservation of the Republican Party, this along with gerrymandering shows that democracy in the US is debatable at best, and corrupt at worst (reality).

None of this is Trumps fault, but his presidency will allow these Republicans an alomost carte blanche approach to implement their ideologies, not onnly at state, but also federal level. 

12 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The other way of looking at it is a bit more problematic for democracy. Over the last decade or so, certain states, with Republican led state legislators, have brought in laws that require voters to have government issued photo ID. The poor, and the black community have struggled to provide, or even attain, acceptable ID so have been effectively been barred from voting as a result, which is quite handy for Republicans as these groups tend to vote Democrats. 

Im sure i read that this is either a myth or bunkum but i used to accept that was the case too

Nearly everyone legally in the USA, especially blacks, have ID on them at all times

Edit - unless of course this video is republican propaganda

Edited by Ally Bongo

This is an even more terrifying prospect

Can you imagine the fallout if Trump is rejected by the Electoral college ?

It's unlikely to happen for that very reason but it still could happen

You also learn something every day. I never knew that the electorate have technically never really elected the president - which makes Clinton getting 2 million votes more than Trump even more moot

Mental

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/the-electoral-college-was-meant-to-stop-men-like-trump-from-being-president/508310/

I am not reading it anymore Ally. You lost me. 

I'll never forget a good friend of mine during a discussion a year or less before the scottish referendum had a mini explosion during a discussion in which they explained how only a fhucking idiot would vote yes (amongst other similar observations on the low character of Yes voters).

It was an amazing thing for me because they knew I was a Yes voter. I honestly don't think they thought I would take it personally. 

When you sit there and make your political opponent into a racist or this or that what you have really done is declare war. It just takes a while for the declaration to sink in on the other side. After that there is no discussion anymore, just ever escalating shit flinging.

So - in short you are taking any disagreement to your opinion that Trump will be a roaring success personally ?

And i havent said Trump himself is a racist although others have - nor have i even suggested it. In fact i have said the opposite on more than one occasion (scroll up)

Some of his associates ? - possibly but with foundation

There is no point in me repeating that if you keep saying ad nauseum that i have.

Im out of this one too as you are either way too touchy or actually Donald himself ........

He is trying desperately hard to get me to like him :lol:

In addition to winning the Electoral College in a landslide, I won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally

27 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

So - in short you are taking any disagreement to your opinion that Trump will be a roaring success personally ?

And i havent said Trump himself is a racist although others have - nor have i even suggested it. In fact i have said the opposite on more than one occasion (scroll up)

So - no in short you have simply boy-who-cried-wolfed-me into not caring what you say about racism, sexism or whateverism next with all the subliminal McCarthyist finger pointing.

(edit:  And it is not everyone. It is just you Ally. You have wore me out. I will be alert to future claims of racism from fresh folk. But for you it will be ...ahh wolf boy, meh.)

And you have totally suggested it. :lol: 

Edited by thplinth

My concerns with Trump post victory is not the appointment of extremists, far from it, I am more worried he is trying to be too Big Tent. Mitt Romney as sec of state? Fhuuuuuuck off. That would be a really bad sign for me. Trump when he wins immediately tries to build bridges and bury the hatchet but as he hopefully has now seen with Obama and Clinton fhuck these people, they will never be your friends or just give you an even break. They will only oppose Trump every step of the way. Same with the media. He should go for it.

The Presidency will knock the corners off him fairly quickly I would think. And he is still weeks away from becoming President. I also think post victory he is being deluged with new information, advice and opinions and it is probably overwhelming to begin with. However we have seen this before with Trump. He learns fast as he goes, regroups and makes big changes to personal if needed. Kellyanne Conway is clearly a little concerned that Romney is in the running and if she is worried so am I. For me Trump overpraised Obama after his WH visit. He was too quick to dismiss prosecuting Clinton after defeating her, and now he is possibly being too keen to embrace Rat Romney. I think all this shows that he genuinely does want to build bridges after slaughtering them all but I fear he is being politically naive with these snakes. Whatever happens you can be absolutely certain of one thing he will be damned for it. Ohhh he has appointed extremists... Ohhh he has been watered down... This is why I think he should stop worrying about building bridges with fannies like Romney. 

edit: Also he will be feeling his way to go with all these meetings and maybe even using them as a PR tool to promote him making an effort to rebuild unity etc etc... it is going to be an interesting appointment (State).

Edited by thplinth

Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Nobody should be allowed to burn the American flag - if they do, there must be consequences - perhaps loss of citizenship or year in jail!

Fed up having the freedumb bullshite rammed in my pus daily here. Free when it bloody suits them.

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There was a Supreme Court case back in the 60s allowing burning of the flag as a constitutional right (the First Amendment right to freedom of expression). 

I think he'll eventually get fed up of being told that there are checks and balances and limits to his authority and he won't serve more than one term.

Most of his tweets read like the sort of thing that a leader might say after a long day, in an unguarded moment when he thinks the tape isn't running, and which ends up with the press office going into immediate damage limitation or 'deflect and deny' mode. I do wonder if he's ever paused before pressing 'send' and deleted the post instead - seems unlikely.

Edited by neilser

Forget where I read it but Trumps campaign and now Presidency is groundbreaking and very savvy when it comes to use of social and alternative media. i.e. They are halfway there to sidestepping the MSM completely.

You can see this yourself (although you did not believe it) when trump just bounced back from every MSM onslaught.

He just went around them. He is not lucky, he is good.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/30/pence-says-obamacare-repeal-will-be-first-thing-out-gate.html

Interesting interview with Pence, giving some insights into what has been going on.

Trump is a workaholic 'who does not like vacations' according to Hannity who has known him for years. A T-total workaholic who does not like vacations... plus he is extremely clever and a voracious learner. I honestly think you are going to see a whirlwind here when he gets into office. Still a bit worried about Romney but I'll wait and see what happens and why. I think he will become a very popular president. The major TV networks and CNN in particular are really losing the plot. I think they are almost committing commercial suicide here. I thought they would learn their lesson post Trump win but they have doubled down on their mistake. They are going to lose again (in the court of public opinion). And this time it will be them directly taking the loss. They said Trump would not win with supreme arrogance and he won easily. Now they say he will be a shit President... Hmmm I know who I am betting on. Only time will tell.

Hmmm

“How prog-guru John Podesta isn’t household name as world class underage sex slave op cover-upperer defending unspeakable dregs escapes me,” Mr. Breitbart wrote Feb. 4, 2011.

The conservative icon’s death at age 43 was attributed to “heart failure.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/28/andrew-breitbart-tweet-before-death-adds-fuel-to-o/