Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof? - Page 56 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Is Donald Trump's Campaign A Spoof?

2 minutes ago, phart said:

No, i imagine the US won't be sending millions of dollars of "non lethal and lethal" aid to ISIS/el nusra/FSA, or when hillary was in charge at best not caring that weapons in Libya were being shipped to jihadists in Syria. Links below to support my two claims.

http://www.haaretz.com/middle-east-news/1.597414

2014 report

"...the U.S. had "ramped up its support for the moderate, vetted opposition, providing lethal and non-lethal support where we can to support both the civilian opposition and the military opposition."

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/3774

Speculation about how much Hillary knew about Syria. http://www.globalresearch.ca/wikileaks-says-they-have-1700-emails-proving-hillary-clinton-knew-about-u-s-military-weapons-shipments-to-al-qaeda-and-isis/5541014

I imagine the people of Syria might be liking going back to before the Civil War as much as it irks you.

No, it doesn't irk me, it was what I was meaning, I'm sure the people of Syria would much prefer the situation 4/5 years ago. I think sometimes my limited vocab  and sarcy posts get interpreted a bit wrong sometimes.

22 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

No, it doesn't irk me, it was what I was meaning, I'm sure the people of Syria would much prefer the situation 4/5 years ago. I think sometimes my limited vocab  and sarcy posts get interpreted a bit wrong sometimes.

Ah right i thought you were complaining about it going back, my mistake for misinterpreting. Aye agreed, they need some succour from the last 4 years.

On 09/12/2016 at 10:48 PM, thplinth said:

Another very deft move IMO.

As deft as Rex Tillerson ?

Forgetting his links with Putin, appointing the Exxon Mobil CEO as your secretary of state (not to mention a third Goldman Sachs executive being on his board) doesnt give any confidence that America's foreign policy being influenced by oil will be ending anytime soon .........

No wonder the stock markets are going up

Edited by Ally Bongo

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

As deft as Rex Tillerson ?

The mega successful CEO of the 5th largest business in the world? The guy with an address book of world leaders? The guy who knows how to make deals and get things done? That guy?

Yeah deft. In fact it is a coup to take him off Exxon. 

I LOVE the fact he has great relationship with Putin. 

Trumps's appointments are in the most superb.

(and we do not know if this guy will get State yet but if he does... extra superb.)

Edited by thplinth

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/fbi-backs-cia-view-that-russia-intervened-to-help-trump-win-election/2016/12/16/05b42c0e-c3bf-11e6-9a51-cd56ea1c2bb7_story.html?utm_term=.b9f18668d0f5&wpisrc=al_alert-COMBO-politics%2Bnation

Genuine question (as i still think it's pish) but how could Russia, of all countries in the World, influence an election in , of all places, the USA ?

What form would that take ?

Is it something to do with discrediting Clinton ?

I dont even think that would make that much of a difference as her peccadilloes were already known to just about everyone long before the vote

Edited by Ally Bongo

I have never felt surer in my whole life about anything that was a big public event and was genuinely unpredictable than I was about Trump winning. Almost from the start, I just knew. It was locked in. So few folk saw it and just about everyone who did was someone I previously really fhucking hated. This election has changed me. Much more than the Scottish referendum. :o

1 hour ago, Toepoke said:

Trump was always gonna win a populist duel with Clinton. The media tried their best to influence the result but they were farting against thunder tbh...

36 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I have never felt surer in my whole life about anything that was a big public event and was genuinely unpredictable than I was about Trump winning. Almost from the start, I just knew. It was locked in. So few folk saw it and just about everyone who did was someone I previously really fhucking hated. This election has changed me. Much more than the Scottish referendum. :o

He never won the populist duel, his campaign dude played the electoral colleges like a fiddle. The guy who planed Trump's campaign turned about a 2+ million vote deficit into a win using the current system.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

He never won the populist duel, his campaign dude played the electoral colleges like a fiddle. The guy who planed Trump's campaign turned about a 2+ million vote deficit into a win using the current system.

He did what we he needed to win. If the rules had been about the popular vote he would have fought a different campaign and won that one instead. They played the game by the rules. and won.. change the rules and they just play if differently and still win.

Edited by thplinth

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Anne Coulter is one example. She saw this as clear as day.

I dislike her.

Dude, Anne Coulter is like a republican president trainer she always says her guy is going to win.It's like listening to buster Douglas trainer before the Tyson fight.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

He did what we he needed to win. If the rules had been about the popular vote he would have fought a different campaign and won that one instead.

That's my point, it's not some random thing, this was planned meticulously and won despite a huge vote disadvantage. This will be studied, like the way certain battles are.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

Which kinda alludes to my question

Hillary got 2 million more votes than Trump with Russia trying to influence the election (allegedly)

How could they influence the electoral collages ?

Unless they were using subliminal messaging through the TV im not buying it

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

Hillary got 2 million more votes than Trump with Russia trying to influence the election (allegedly)

They targetted certain areas that would enable a electoral college victory, cause they are the mechanism that elects the president not the people, so as long as you get 271 (or whatever it is) you're sorted, the amount of votes is irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

They targetted certain areas that would enable a electoral college victory, cause they are the mechanism that elects the president not the people, so as long as you get 271 (or whatever it is) you're sorted, the amount of votes is irrelevant.

I know - sorry - i meant Russia 

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'd ignore anything the mainstream media says on Russia 

8 hours ago, phart said:

Which is pretty much what has happened in UK politics for decades.