Danny Ward - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our sh1te weekend just got sh1ter. Ward, with the possible exception of Shinnie, has been our best player. Losing him is a big blow.

Only seen him in the flesh once, on Saturday night, and his handling was terrible. Constantly let shots pop out of his hands and even tried his best to gift us a goal by letting Augustyn have the ball for another go. Big difference to Alexander who held on to almost everything

Only seen him in the flesh once, on Saturday night, and his handling was terrible. Constantly let shots pop out of his hands and even tried his best to gift us a goal by letting Augustyn have the ball for another go. Big difference to Alexander who held on to almost everything

Exactly.

i can hardly comment on his form in games I've not seen can I?

Of course not. Sm's point is probably more to do with the fact your making a negative comment on him based on very little viewing and despite him not costing a goal in the game.

You'd be able to recall him having excellent games in our other 2 games vs hearts this season, if you'd viewed them (both were live on tv).

That'll be why Alexander plays for Liverpool and not a team of long-ball journeymen in Scotland. oh...wait a minute.

I'm not sure if the TA board is magnificent or a waste of time, when bellends come on and post utter shite like this... :lol:

i can hardly comment on his form in games I've not seen can I?

My comment was in the context of his going back to Liverpool being a big blow to Aberdeen. You decided to comment on this, knowing the context and having seen him once in the flesh. I simply pointed this out to you.

As regards the one game you have seen him in the flesh, and in particular the passage of play you referred to, i recall Ward dived at Augustyn's feet in a 50/50, he saved it, it bounced around a bit, he covered his goals and it went out of play. Not sure where his handling was poor (let alone "constantly") and how Alexanders was much better. Anyway, you won the game, well done, let's not start taking the michael by implying Alexander is a better keeper 'cos he ain't in the same league (unfortunately now, quite literally) as Ward.

Ward was Aberdeen's best player the other night.

Has anybody else noticed that on this board Aberdeen fans are the most balanced of all the fans and are gracious in defeat but nearly everyone else are nippy arseholes win,lose or draw ?

Why is it ?

I can't speak for anybody else but I can tell you it's because I'm a khunt.

Has anybody else noticed that on this board Aberdeen fans are the most balanced of all the fans and are gracious in defeat but nearly everyone else are nippy arseholes win,lose or draw ?

Why is it ?

I didn't think he was that great the other night, certainly nowhere near as commanding as the previous two fixtures between the two

Why is it ?

It's because we're better than them.

Of course not. Sm's point is probably more to do with the fact your making a negative comment on him based on very little viewing and despite him not costing a goal in the game.

You'd be able to recall him having excellent games in our other 2 games vs hearts this season, if you'd viewed them (both were live on tv).

he spilled the ball in front of Augustyn one yard from goal, which should have led to a goal for us. I never saw the 1-3 game in the league (was out the country), but can't remember him in the 1-0 game. I suppose this means he didn't make any mistakes though. Anyway, he is away back to his real club now so no idea why Aberdeen fans are getting so precious about defending him

That'll be why Alexander plays for Liverpool and not a team of long-ball journeymen in Scotland. oh...wait a minute.

I'm not sure if the TA board is magnificent or a waste of time, when bellends come on and post utter shite like this... :lol:

lovely turn of phrase, says a lot about you. If you could please point out what was incorrect with my post please? And try and reply like a grown man and not a stroppy wee teenager. Oh and PS, Alexander plays for Hearts, your ex plays for the reserves

Why is it ?

I merely pointed out that Alexander had a much better game than him, which is true. Just can't see why you are all getting your knickers in a twist about a guy who no longer plays for you

My comment was in the context of his going back to Liverpool being a big blow to Aberdeen. You decided to comment on this, knowing the context and having seen him once in the flesh. I simply pointed this out to you.

As regards the one game you have seen him in the flesh, and in particular the passage of play you referred to, i recall Ward dived at Augustyn's feet in a 50/50, he saved it, it bounced around a bit, he covered his goals and it went out of play. Not sure where his handling was poor (let alone "constantly") and how Alexanders was much better. Anyway, you won the game, well done, let's not start taking the michael by implying Alexander is a better keeper 'cos he ain't in the same league (unfortunately now, quite literally) as Ward.

Last comment on this thread. He covered his goal??? Suggest you go back and look at it again, Augustyn had the goal at his mercy if he had only realised it. And, as I said to someone else, Alexander is playing for Hearts, Ward is a reserve

I merely pointed out that Alexander had a much better game than him, which is true. Just can't see why you are all getting your knickers in a twist about a guy who no longer plays for you

Hardly. Neither keeper made any real mistakes on Saturday, you'd know that if you understood football.

Last comment on this thread. He covered his goal??? Suggest you go back and look at it again, Augustyn had the goal at his mercy if he had only realised it. And, as I said to someone else, Alexander is playing for Hearts, Ward is a reserve

Did Augustyn score? No, didn't think so. Ward won the initial challenge and didn't concede - if this is all you have to go own in terms of him not being a blow to Aberdeen's season and Alexander bieng better then i'd sugeest you stop embarrassing yourself now. As for being the Liverpool number 2, unfortunately (and as much as it annoys me) still leagues above Hearts!!

Makalambay used to play for Chelsea. Bogdan plays for Liverpool.

Alexander has played in a uefa cup final and at a fairly high level throughout his career. He is certainly far more proven than ward.

Just for balance...

My brother and dad have season tickets at hearts. They both think Alexander is a liability (particularly on cross balls) and are desperate for Neilson to bring in a new keeper.

Makalambay used to play for Chelsea. Bogdan plays for Liverpool.

Alexander has played in a uefa cup final and at a fairly high level throughout his career. He is certainly far more proven than ward.

Ward has been generally excellent in his very first season at Pittodrie.

He makes mistakes, like any keeper, but for such a young lad in such a difficult position he has probably as much promise as any keeper I've seen since Leighton.

I'd be surprised if he doesn't make it to a high level in the game.

Alexander's a decent keeper, but he's been a bench warmer for most of his career.