Scottish Fitba 19Th December - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Fitba 19Th December

Funny how opposing sides see it. As I've been told by two mates who were there that the referee still let Hearts get away with so much more.

Well I was there, Juanma deserved to go but Davidson was lucky to stay on the park.

After all the ref gave you if you still can't win you should really be looking at your own team. All the saints fans I spoke to in the 208 certainly had no complaints

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was there, Juanma deserved to go but Davidson was lucky to stay on the park.

After all the ref gave you if you still can't win you should really be looking at your own team. All the saints fans I spoke to in the 208 certainly had no complaints

The two guys I spoke to are proper fitba' lads. Very fair. Yes, you are right though that we should've won against ten men for that length of time.

The two guys I spoke to are proper fitba' lads. Very fair. Yes, you are right though that we should've won against ten men for that length of time.

Neither side were great, you had more than enough chances to win it, if you are pointing the fingers at anyone it should be your strikers

Was the pen as bad as they were making out on TV? I

Wouldn't be surprised about Davidson as he's a right dirty ######.

Was down the far end, thought it was a pen at the time, Saints player ran across the hearts player from a throw in and there was a tangle of legs.

Was one which could have gone either way but would have been given more times than not.

You keep referencing the magic hat. You do of course realise that it's just a song and he doesn't actually have one, right? Also, unless your team win about 16-0, we'll still be top so he's doing something right.

We were shite. Well done Falkirk. Willie Collum was ridiculously bad once again. Two wrong penalty awards. Mark Warburton needs to realise, and quickly, that we aren't as good as he thinks we are and that we are too lightweight in midfield. A concerning lack of creativity too.

We need a Plan B during a game and a couple of midfielders with some vision and a bit of dig.

That was definitely the case last week.

Last week wasn't great for hearts, the amount of fouls committed was ridiculous.

Today the red was a but lenient, correctly sent off Juanma but if anyone has a reason to complain it's hearts and not a single saints fan I spoke afterwards would disagree

I'm not sure about that to be honest but this project has failed and the sooner they admit that the better.

But has it failed? Being devil's advocate, the money being spent (other than Simunovic) has been pennies compared to the cash raked in. That can't have helped Delia. He's currently in line for the treble.

European games have been poor but realistically what was his target?

Personally I think he'll get this season but not sure what will happen in the summer. It might depend on who's available and if Rangers manage to find money to invest, assuming we get promoted.

But has it failed? Being devil's advocate, the money being spent (other than Simunovic) has been pennies compared to the cash raked in. That can't have helped Delia. He's currently in line for the treble.

European games have been poor but realistically what was his target?

Personally I think he'll get this season but not sure what will happen in the summer. It might depend on who's available and if Rangers manage to find money to invest, assuming we get promoted.

Looking at some of the players who have cost "pennies" - he'd likely have got players from Scotland to do a better job for less £££

Looking at some of the players who have cost "pennies" - he'd likely have got players from Scotland to do a better job for less £££

But who picks the players to buy?

It seems to be accepted that it's not Delia so can he really be responsible for their failure?

I must have spoken to 20 saints fans in the boozer after the game who had no complaints but from your position across the pond you obviously know better

Hearts were cynical throughout, to be expected when they went down to 10 men so early. The time wasting was top notch, particularly the way every one of your players seemed to go down with cramp and require treatment just as they were being subbed. The arm waving, crowding the ref and waving imaginary cards every time a saints player had the temerity to go near them was a bit embarrassing though.

Didn't get a good view of the Davidson incident you're on about. From where we were it just looked like Alexander ran into a crowd of bodies flapping at a cross and then fell over.

No complaints though. We played poorly but still had enough chances to win convincingly. The pitch is a total embarrassment though and stops any chance of decent football breaking out.