Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Star Wars: The Force Awakens

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the initial reviews it seems to be living up to the hype, which is some achievement. Having JJ Abrams in charge and keeping Lucas as far away from it as possible were key, I imagine. Will probably watch on a plane in a few months.

he made a khunt of lost and star trek, in my eyes.

he made a khunt of lost and star trek, in my eyes.

The main problem with Star Trek, it seemed to me, was the millstone of having Chris Pine as Kirk hanging round its neck - quite enjoyable otherwise, not that I'm an aficionado. Didn't know he was involved in Lost and I've never seen it.

Edited by DonnyTJS

The main problem with Star Trek, it seemed to me, was the millstone of having Chris Pine as Kirk hanging round its neck - quite enjoyable otherwise, not that I'm an aficionado. Didn't know he was involved in Lost and I've never seen it.

First and probably second series are excellent. Goes rapidly downhill after that with an completely ludicrous ending.

I'm a total Trekker, i've never went to see the new films in the new universe.

I'll have to watch starwars on a big screen i guess. Regardless of the 30 years that passed since i watched the first ones Jedi's are still cool as feck.

Jedi's will never stop being cool. I'm tempted to go break a branch off a tree and paint it blue on the way home from work tonight.

Jedi's will never stop being cool. I'm tempted to go break a branch off a tree and paint it blue on the way home from work tonight.

I have no clue what that means ...

Are 'Trekkers' what Trekkies call themselves when they're embarrassed by the company they keep? :)

I have no clue what that means ...

Are 'Trekkers' what Trekkies call themselves when they're embarrassed by the company they keep? :)

Trekker is what Trekker call themselves, trekkies is what non-trekkers call trekkers.

It's a well traveled road this, we'll see if you can come up with an original joke :wink2::ok:

Trekker is what Trekker call themselves, trekkies is what non-trekkers call trekkers.

It's a well traveled road this, we'll see if you can come up with an original joke :wink2::ok:

Only really watched the Kirk years as a kid and loved them.

Tried watching Jean Luc but just found it dull.

Only seen the Kirk movies too. They just weren't that good. Guess I was too old for them by the time they came out.

I'm a total Trekker, i've never went to see the new films in the new universe.

I'll have to watch starwars on a big screen i guess. Regardless of the 30 years that passed since i watched the first ones Jedi's are still cool as feck.

so how do you know JJ made a khunt of it? or by not going to see, you mean you watched at home?

I love Star Trek and been a big fan for years. Would never describe myself to anyone though as a Trekkie (and certainly not a Trekker).........

Pretty much. Ri-ri rocks it

Actually, now that I'm off the bus and have the time to tell you about it.......

Home is actually a critique of the abuse of power, and a study of how neo-liberal government can use mainstream media to lie to a population about an imaginary or exaggerated threat from a foreign 'terrorist' source, which could result in the destruction of that population, in order to gain the consent of that population for continued governance and protection. It also embraces themes of family loyalty, love, and how different races can grow to understand each other, and work together for the greater good to overthrow their lying, self-centred scumbag government. In a cartoony way.

Inside Out is contrived nonsense which contradicts itself at every turn. It was only my 2 year old sleeping in my lap, and my 4 year old hudnae finished his pick'n'mix that stopped me storming out of the cinema in disgust.

Aye had previously went to cinema to see other ones.

You are not alone in that but I would much more happily watch the reboots than sit through Insurrection, Nemesis or pretty much any episode of Voyager. Note I didn't add the generally maligned The Final Frontier to that - anything with the original cast and the line "excuse me, but why does God need a spaceship" is okay with me.