Weekend Fitba' - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Fitba'

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Law 12 of the game :

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player: • commits in a reckless manner one of the seven offences that incur a direct free kick • commits a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a promising attack • holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball • handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area) • handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (irrespective of whether or not the attempt is successful). • attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have

In other words, deliberate handball.

I'm always surprised at football fans who don't understand the laws of the game concerning deliberate handball. They're probably the same sort of people who call the laws 'rules', and get all their information from club message boards.

Glad to have been of help.

Law 12 of the game :

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour, e.g. if a player: • commits in a reckless manner one of the seven offences that incur a direct free kick • commits a foul for the tactical purpose of interfering with or breaking up a promising attack • holds an opponent for the tactical purpose of pulling the opponent away from the ball or preventing the opponent from getting to the ball • handles the ball to prevent an opponent gaining possession or developing an attack (other than the goalkeeper within his own penalty area) • handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (irrespective of whether or not the attempt is successful). • attempts to deceive the referee by feigning injury or pretending to have

In other words, deliberate handball.

I'm always surprised at football fans who don't understand the laws of the game concerning deliberate handball. They're probably the same sort of people who call the laws 'rules', and get all their information from club message boards.

Glad to have been of help.

That actually backs my point up, unless your grasp of English is poorer than I thought.

That actually backs my point up, unless your grasp of English is poorer than I thought.

Thought you would have been too busy greeting like a bhairn to come back on and post.

I'm always glad to educate the ignorant though.