Weekend Fitba' - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Weekend Fitba'

EK, I reckon your best bet is to sign off from the TAMB & stop annoying yourself by looking at it again!

Your issue seems a bit daft to me & I'm not sure posting about it for everyone to see is doing you any favours.

Folk on here obviously love winding you up - don't give them the satisfaction mate.

Loads of other boards you can actually enjoy posting on - surely that's what it's all about?

I always like your posts, but just my thoughts from the outside✌

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is rubbish so I will change tone by discussing my beloved bears: -

A result like yesterday has been coming for a few weeks and I am slightly concerned about our recent form because teams now have a method of playing against us which is basically frustrating our style with anti-football (the irony of that statement is not lost on me by the way...), playing a flat back 10 and hitting us on the break. We play a patient style of passing football which, at times such as yesterday, doesn't penetrate enough and we are stubbornly unwilling to revert to a more direct style. This is hard to criticise but it will, like yesterday, sometimes work against us when teams frustrate us and catch us on the break when we have too many players forward. We absolutely should have won that game and in the end were relieved not to lose it (and equally pleased by the result at Easter Road) but have shown a worrying inability to kill teams off lately.

Still a thoroughly enjoyable game though and Morton brought a big away support which helped to a good atmosphere so I'm still having the most aesthetically pleasing season for a few years.

A result like yesterday has been coming for a few weeks and I am slightly concerned about our recent form because teams now have a method of playing against us which is basically frustrating our style with anti-football (the irony of that statement is not lost on me by the way...), playing a flat back 10 and hitting us on the break. We play a patient style of passing football which, at times such as yesterday, doesn't penetrate enough and we are stubbornly unwilling to revert to a more direct style. This is hard to criticise but it will, like yesterday, sometimes work against us when teams frustrate us and catch us on the break when we have too many players forward. We absolutely should have won that game and in the end were relieved not to lose it (and equally pleased by the result at Easter Road) but have shown a worrying inability to kill teams off lately.

Still a thoroughly enjoyable game though and Morton brought a big away support which helped to a good atmosphere so I'm still having the most aesthetically pleasing season for a few years.

The problem we ha e when teams set up like that against us is that we don't seem to have any way of getting through them. I've given him the benefit of the doubt for a while but Zelalem just isn't up to it. His passing is woeful and while he's tidy in possession he never seems to want to carry the ball forward. I really don't see what he offers at Nicky Law doesn't and I'd be sending him back in January.

If there is any money in January we need to make a playmaker and penalty box striker a priority but they're not easy to come by. I know the boy Windass is heavily linked but don't know much about him. Waghorn is, for me, far and away the best player in the league but most of his good work comes outside the box and we need a Boyd like finisher up there to compliment him.

It would be much more respectful if you gave the opposition some credit rather than belittle their efforts as anti football. How dare a team score two (should have more) and take a point off you at your home. We are fourth for a reason and it's certainly not because we are anti football. Christ, I left that game thinking we should have won it. Do you forget the chances we had? Twice we were through one on one and couldn't finish it. Incidentally, some of Duffy's main criticism from our supporters is because we are too gung ho.

You're not the only one with this attitude, there was at least another one yesterday. He/she couldn't believe we had the cheek to go 2 1 up at your place either and decided to launch a glass bottle at us from a great height smashing a couple of rows down from me.

I have honestly never had a problem with you lot until then and posts like these don't help either.

It would be much more respectful if you gave the opposition some credit rather than belittle their efforts as anti football. How dare a team score two (should have more) and take a point off you at your home. We are fourth for a reason and it's certainly not because we are anti football. Christ, I left that game thinking we should have won it. Do you forget the chances we had? Twice we were through one on one and couldn't finish it. Incidentally, some of Duffy's main criticism from our supporters is because we are too gung ho.

You're not the only one with this attitude, there was at least another one yesterday. He/she couldn't believe we had the cheek to go 2 1 up at your place either and decided to launch a glass bottle at us from a great height smashing a couple of rows down from me.

I have honestly never had a problem with you lot until then and posts like these don't help either.

If wasn't my intention to belittle Morton and I actually don't believe I did in my last post. I felt that they tactically played the game well and their counter attacking style worked for them but we helped by being too naive and committing too many players forward at times. You can't deny that Morton were very defensive when we were attacking though, surely? That's not a criticism, merely my observation and they can put as many men behind the ball as they like.

You didn't have all that many chances really and one of the two occasions you were through on goal resulted in a goal. The other resulted in a sclaffed effort well wide. I can't recall any other but we had a few chances of our own and almost won it with the last kick from Jason Holt. We were disappointing but I'm not sure we deserved to lose.

If wasn't my intention to belittle Morton and I actually don't believe I did in my last post. I felt that they tactically played the game well and their counter attacking style worked for them but we helped by being too naive and committing too many players forward at times. You can't deny that Morton were very defensive when we were attacking though, surely? That's not a criticism, merely my observation and they can put as many men behind the ball as they like.

You didn't have all that many chances really and one of the two occasions you were through on goal resulted in a goal. The other resulted in a sclaffed effort well wide. I can't recall any other but we had a few chances of our own and almost won it with the last kick from Jason Holt. We were disappointing but I'm not sure we deserved to lose.

Two occasions we were through on goal.

1. Just after half time one on one with keeper at an angle I think is the one you allude to and dismiss it as a sclaffed effort well wide. He tried to toe poke it past the keeper and got it wrong. A text from my mate at the time said that Chick Young on the radio almost had a heart attack as Morton should have been ahead.

2. At 2 2, Alex Samuel was through on goal and got hauled back (definite red card). He was too honest and tried to continue but never regained control of the ball. Ref bottled it.

Also, have a look at your equaliser and tell me if you think it should have stood. Linesman bottled it.

As for defending when you don't have the ball, that is called defending from the front and working hard. It's what you have to do to get results like we did yesterday. It's certainly not anti football.

I'm going to make a beef stew I think.

Good result for the Dons yesterday. Absolutely deserved. Was not impressed with Hearts.

Thoughts turning to Jan transfer window. Think Robson are Parker definite departures. Goodwillie and Logan potentials? Would like to see another striker - someone mobile/creative/clever/lethal/free.

If you don't like the way the site is run, don't use it.

Nobody cares about your grievances with Admin 4.

I think asking for my name to be deleted is not unreasonable, if admin4 wants the DPA unleashed on the TAMB then that's what will happen, I don't want to go down that route but she's being an arse about it.

I think asking for my name to be deleted is not unreasonable, if admin4 wants the DPA unleashed on the TAMB then that's what will happen, I don't want to go down that route but she's being an arse about it.

You agreed to the TAMB terms when signing up. In order to maintain the site the TAMB will have to maintain certain information/perform certain actions with said information. I suspect in agreeing to the terms you waived certain Data Protection rights.

Look.

I participated yesterday because the TV was rubbish and I was bored.

I was amused for several hours.

Thanks for that.

Today? Not so much.

Stay, go, report us............. I'm bored with THIS now.

Need something else.

Sudoku maybe.

You agreed to the TAMB terms when signing up. In order to maintain the site the TAMB will have to maintain certain information/perform certain actions with said information. I suspect in agreeing to the terms you waived certain Data Protection rights.

You can't "Waive" the data protection act and there is a section that applies specifically to message boards. All one of the admins have to do is comply with my request to delete all data they hold about me, this is my right under the DPA. Comply and I'm gone, fail to comply and the Information Commissioner's Office for Scotland is getting a 'phone call.

I don't want to go down this route but you can see from her posts that she has a real problem with me so blame her.

You can't "Waive" the data protection act and there is a section that applies specifically to message boards. All one of the admins have to do is comply with my request to delete all data they hold about me, this is my right under the DPA. Comply and I'm gone, fail to comply and the Information Commissioner's Office for Scotland is getting a 'phone call.

I don't want to go down this route but you can see from her posts that she has a real problem with me so blame her.

Granted it's not my area of expertise, but I think certain rights can be waived (of course not all rights under the Act can be waived but that's not what i said or meant). Not saying that there isn't a potential breach here either but you may just want to look into this to save wasting your time.

Granted it's not my area of expertise, but I think certain rights can be waived (of course not all rights under the Act can be waived but that's not what i said or meant). Not saying that there isn't a potential breach here either but you may just want to look into this to save wasting your time.

It will take 5 minutes.

In a previous job I was Data Controller for the company so I know the basics already.

Two occasions we were through on goal.

1. Just after half time one on one with keeper at an angle I think is the one you allude to and dismiss it as a sclaffed effort well wide. He tried to toe poke it past the keeper and got it wrong. A text from my mate at the time said that Chick Young on the radio almost had a heart attack as Morton should have been ahead.

2. At 2 2, Alex Samuel was through on goal and got hauled back (definite red card). He was too honest and tried to continue but never regained control of the ball. Ref bottled it.

Also, have a look at your equaliser and tell me if you think it should have stood. Linesman bottled it.

As for defending when you don't have the ball, that is called defending from the front and working hard. It's what you have to do to get results like we did yesterday. It's certainly not anti football.

1. It was a sclaff. A classic example of someone who should have hit it with his left foot but chose to hit it with his (presumably stronger) right foot.

2. The ref played advantage which he, imo, was correct to do. I agree it was a foul though and therefore had your player been less honest, it should have been a red card.

Our goal was perfectly legitimate. If you're suggesting Clark was offside just because he was standing adjacent to where the ball went past him and into the net then I would suggest you're wrong. No Morton player appealed for offside either. He also didn't impede the goalkeeper so no idea where you're coming from with that one.

Other teams, e.g. Dumbarton last midweek, defended like that but had no attacking prowess and we beat them 4-0 despite being 0-0 at half time. Some teams, like yourselves, will get a result like that occasionally. The problem is ours in terms of making sure we break teams down, not our opponents for choosing to play like that.

It will take 5 minutes.

In a previous job I was Data Controller for the company so I know the basics already.

Good luck with all of that. I would argue that holding your login credentials is reasonable, allowing them to do their job which involves, amongst other things, ensuring that nobody else can run with multiple ids.

And that is just giving ground that this is not a domestic site which is given as there is advertising revenue. Not sure there isn't a case to argue against it though.

Really can't be arsed digging as bluntly it's Sunday and I'm not getting paid.