35 Years Since John Lennon Got Shot - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

35 Years Since John Lennon Got Shot

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's uncanny - my mate said he's working from his bed using his laptop so I just sent him a picture of Lennon during his 'bed in' - he's currently sporting a beard as well.

It is my 'Kennedy moment' as I remember walking into school (P6) and everyone was talking about it - pretty sure BBC1 showed Help! that night as a tribute.

Despite not being a great Beatles fan I insisted on dragging Flora across Central Park to the Dakota Building back in 2001.

That's uncanny - my mate said he's working from his bed using his laptop so I just sent him a picture of Lennon during his 'bed in' - he's currently sporting a beard as well.

It is my 'Kennedy moment' as I remember walking into school (P6) and everyone was talking about it - pretty sure BBC1 showed Help! that night as a tribute.

Despite not being a great Beatles fan I insisted on dragging Flora across Central Park to the Dakota Building back in 2001.

And that was post 19980 as well!

It's mine an' aw.

Woke to the news of Lennon's murder as I had a radio alarm clock at the time. My immediate assumption was that it was an overreaction to the pile of dung that was Double Fantasy.

Sharing a birthday with the great Donny has started my day of better than I thought! :-D

pretty sure BBC1 showed Help! that night as a tribute.

Indeed they did. We'd just got a VHS player the week before (first programme taped was Sportscene, Dundee derby League Cup final). Help was duly recorded and I recall faking a migraine to get an afternoon off school lying on the sofa watching it.

I've been watching the TOTP repeats from 1980 on BBC4, and it was pretty sad seeing the clip of "Just Like Starting Over" knowing John would be dead within days

Edited by Toepoke