Today's Games - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Today's Games

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because there is a difference, teams don't finish 1st or last by having 'no difference at all' between them.

What a ludicrous post Rossy.

Utter pish.

Any team in the top 2 Scottish leagues can beat each other at pretty much any time. There will always be a 'first' and 'last', but football wise there's a little difference between both.

Unless it comes to bigoted fans and hypocrisy about paying the 'minimum wage'. Then I'd agree that first wins by a mile.

Because there is a difference, teams don't finish 1st or last by having 'no difference at all' between them.

What a ludicrous post Rossy.

The table below begs to differ -

Romania 1983-84, Divizia C, Seria a VIII-a.
1.MureÅŸul Deva 30 16 6 8 53-33 38 Promoted to Divizia B
2.UMT TimiÅŸoara 30 14 3 13 57-37 31
3.Mecanica Orăştie 30 15 1 14 49-53 31
4.Minerul ParoÅŸeni 30 13 5 12 41-46 31
5.Minerul Moldova-Nouă 30 14 2 14 41-39 30
6.Minerul Ştiinţa Vulcan 30 13 4 13 38-47 30
7.Metalul BocÅŸa 30 13 3 14 40-32 29
8.Dacia Orăştie 30 11 7 12 58-50 29
9.Minerul Certej 30 13 3 14 48-47 29
10.Metalul OÅ£elu-RoÅŸu 30 14 1 15 38-40 29
11.Minerul Anina 30 13 3 14 46-48 29
12.Victoria Călan 30 13 3 14 35-37 29
13.Constructorul TimiÅŸoara 30 13 3 14 57-62 29
14.Minerul Oraviţa 30 13 3 14 39-45 29
15.Minerul Ghelar 30 12 5 13 35-52 29 Relegated
16.Minerul Aninoasa 30 11 6 13 32-39 28 Relegated

Utter pish.

Any team in the top 2 Scottish leagues can beat each other at pretty much any time. There will always be a 'first' and 'last', but football wise there's a little difference between both.

Unless it comes to bigoted fans and hypocrisy about paying the 'minimum wage'. Then I'd agree that first wins by a mile.

So teams that finish 20 points apart are of the same standard?

Every team can of course beat any team on given day, look at Alloa was it last year in the Championship, but to say there's nothing between them is ludicrous.

Good runs come down to the fact teams are superior. Dundee Utd won't have the runs Celtic/Aberdeen will have simply because they are not the quality these side are. Put them together in a league game and they have a chance of going against the bookies odds and winning but that doesn't mean that there's nothing between the sides it means one has enjoyed a good display and the other an off day.

So teams that finish 20 points apart are of the same standard?

Every team can of course beat any team on given day, look at Alloa was it last year in the Championship, but to say there's nothing between them is ludicrous.

Good runs come down to the fact teams are superior. Dundee Utd won't have the runs Celtic/Aberdeen will have simply because they are not the quality these side are. Put them together in a league game and they have a chance of going against the bookies odds and winning but that doesn't mean that there's nothing between the sides it means one has enjoyed a good display and the other an off day.

Aside from the financial advantage that Celtic enjoy(and no doubt your twin when they get promoted).....there's little to separate the other 16 'top' teams or so in Scottish football.

That's proven out by the fact that almost no team finishes 2nd behind Celtic/the OF, two years in a row. One year Motherwell finish 2nd, the next year they're 11th.

In the cups, there's no consistency at all. Falkirk have as much chance of success as Aberdeen.

Very few competitions Europe-wide have the unpredictability of the Scottish leagues or cups.

Aside from the financial advantage that Celtic enjoy(and no doubt your twin when they get promoted).....there's little to separate the other 16 'top' teams or so in Scottish football.

That's proven out by the fact that almost no team finishes 2nd behind Celtic/the OF, two years in a row. One year Motherwell finish 2nd, the next year they're 11th.

In the cups, there's no consistency at all. Falkirk have as much chance of success as Aberdeen.

Very few competitions Europe-wide have the unpredictability of the Scottish leagues or cups.

So not all teams are equal then?

Make your mind up.

There's no difference at all.

Maybe in your simple mind you see 'all teams are equal'. I've no doubt about that.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would realise what I meant in a Scottish football sense.

Once again, I give you the example of league positions and cup challenges to back that up.

Supporting team that has such a huge financial advantage, has a large number of officially bigoted fans, and refuses to pay the minimum wage...I can see how you can be easily confused.

Maybe in your simple mind you see 'all teams are equal'. I've no doubt about that.

Anyone with a modicum of intelligence would realise what I meant in a Scottish football sense.

Once again, I give you the example of league positions and cup challenges to back that up.

Supporting team that has such a huge financial advantage, has a large number of officially bigoted fans, and refuses to pay the minimum wage...I can see how you can be easily confused.

Bigoted against what? Usual rugby kilt wearing rubbish from the inbreeding teuchtars.

You, again, talk utter shite.

Bigot?

The answer for you is in the mirror.

So, Jimmy C
Mark McGhee
Cragie B
And Del M c
are all of the same standard, only some had better success than the other due to luck?

I get what Rossy is saying and he makes sense to a large extent. There is not a huge amount between the top 16 or so, with the obvious exception. An injection of cash to the player budget,a particularly astute manager, some luck with young players coming through, Celtic signing your 3 best players, or your youngsters heading south (likes of Kennedy,Fulton) etc - all of these make the crucial differences over a season, but we are all of a similar standard.

I get what Rossy is saying and he makes sense to a large extent. There is not a huge amount between the top 16 or so, with the obvious exception. An injection of cash to the player budget,a particularly astute manager, some luck with young players coming through, Celtic signing your 3 best players, or your youngsters heading south (likes of Kennedy,Fulton) etc - all of these make the crucial differences over a season, but we are all of a similar standard.

I get what he's saying too. I think his words are being twisted.

Tough game for the Dons today away at a Hamilton side who've came in to decent form. I think this will provide an indication of where we are this season. A win and we can go after Celtic, slip up and we'll be slogging it out for 2nd.