Scottland Player Transfer Gossip - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottland Player Transfer Gossip

kmcca5

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah he had a bit of a barren run for 9 games, but overall he has about 60 from 120 games for Blackburn, so a pretty good average. Reading bits and pieces from tinternet it seems he had been unlucky in a few games, and didn't get a sniff in others. The signing of Danny Graham on loan from Sunderland should do him some good - an experienced partner who is a good 'hold up' type player and who will win plenty headers and flicks for Rhodes. 2 in his last 2, so hopefully he is back in a bit of form. Would love to see the proposed move to Swansea go through so we could get an idea if he would flourish or struggle at a higher level. I believe that with better service he would still be prolific in spite of also being up against better defenders.

Edited by killiefaetheferry

I'm pretty frightened nothing's going to change.I'd test 4.4.2 with Naismith and Griffiths up front instead of 4.2.3.1 which is just not in our DNA.

Yep. At the moment the policy is "If it is broke, dont fix it"

442 would be a fine change - You can still play defensive and be 451 when required.

4231 is great if you have very attacking and creative midfielders and a top drawer striker. We have nothing even close to that.

Yep. At the moment the policy is "If it is broke, dont fix it"

442 would be a fine change - You can still play defensive and be 451 when required.

4231 is great if you have very attacking and creative midfielders and a top drawer striker. We have nothing even close to that.

I don't agree with that. Given the players we currently have available, 4231, is probably the best formation we can play.

Let's be honest, none of are players are world beaters but we have a reasonable midfield, in fact in attacking midfielders we probably have too many which is why Morrison is often played out of position as a holding midfielder.

Wher we have real problems is defence, particularly in the centre and up front. Given that we struggle to find one decent striker, I don't see how a formation with two strikers is going to work, especially as it will be at the cost of an attacking midfielder.

the laddie really struggling for game time at the moment. another example of going down South far too early.

I think he had a bust up with the Cardiff manager during the summer, as he certainly was in their first team plans last season, only for this season to see him out the picture.