When Gazza Booked The Ref - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

When Gazza Booked The Ref

Sorry, can't help with the Hibs player, but

That is surely one of the most cringemaking bookings in the history of the game. What a clown Smith was there. He must have l;ooked back on that and thought "What did I do that for?" :blink:

I concur.

That is surely one of the most cringemaking bookings in the history of the game. What a clown Smith was there. He must have l;ooked back on that and thought "What did I do that for?" :blink:

Yeah, somebody posted the clip on Facebook earlier and there were a few things came to mind. First was, obviously, the Hibs player who's name I couldn't remember But the others were that Smith must shrink a few inches whenever he sees that clip and also that Gazza looks a bit hungover.

Aye a bit idiotic.

We gave Hibs a doing that day. 7-0 I think it was.

What bit ? Btw if it was a spur of the moment thing then the ref is a humourless cock. Just saying im sure i read a 'defence' somewhere. And i've never dirtied myself through a visit to kerrydale street....

All of it m8. The ref dropped it down near the goal line. Gazza picked it up and ran straight to him. Probably had the card for less than 10 seconds.

Sure i read that the ref booked him as it wasn't a spontaneous thing ? I.e. - Gascoigne had been running about refusing to give the card back until he could grandstand his joke ? In which case the booking was justified.

This is pretty much exactly what Dougie Smith told me happened. But not widely reported as it doesn't make as good a story.

This is pretty much exactly what Dougie Smith told me happened. But not widely reported as it doesn't make as good a story.

I was at the game and remember it clearly. He dropped it in the box, it was picked up by Gazza who jogged directly over to him.

The referee should really just admit he made an arse of the decision.

http://you-are-the-ref.com/paul-gascoigne-taking-charge/

A Hibs player was also said to have defended his opponent, but the referee allegedly told him: “He might be able to take the mick out of you, but he isn’t doing it to me.”

Thieves is plural of thief.

I'm not sure where i fit this into my favourite posts. Just behind the post by PAIK in the "Colin Hendry ripped me off blog" thread.

I'm aware of singular and plura but still don't know what it is or who's been stealing the poppys?

Hearts are the poppy thieves.

On the original document of who hearts owed money too when they entered admin was published the lady hair poppy fund was on it. They owed £175 I think.

This debt was then paid by a supporter I think? Supporters also paid other items on the list as well I think? Anyway when the list was republished the debt to the lady haig fund had been taken off.

I didn't follow the story that closely but couldn't move for it on hibs.net.

I be happy to be corrected on my above post but this is how the name came about I think.