New British Passport Design Launched - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New British Passport Design Launched

Here's something for Scottish cultural nationalists to get thrilled about

The new UK passport which represents "all 4 countries of the UK"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-uk-passport-design-launched

You just have to look very very carefully to eventually spot anything from Scotland

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/473495/HMPO_magazine.pdf

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Scotland gets 2 things and as far as I noticed Wales and northern Ireland get one each. But England gets how many. Fair enough with the Falkirk wheel its a fantastic piece of engineering but why do they have to use a stereotypical image of pipers outside Edinburgh castle. It's almost as if they think that's what we all look like each day

Funnily enough I am just ordering stickers to cover up the UJ on my new drivers licence. Not using it until that piece of shit is covered.

them seriously, they are an absolute shower.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-Scottish-Saltire-Stickers-1-7cm-X-1-2cm-/281838927893?

Bought these - got enough to keep me going until independence and about 200 years thereafter.

It's almost like that was done on purpose.

Naaa never

We had the chance to have our own passports and turned it down so can't really complain.

Far more important things to bother about in life than the design of a passport anyway.

And I voted for that so feel entitled to complain. I am also not restricted to bothering about one thing. I can bother about a range of things of varying importance all at the same time but maybe that is just cos I am female :unsure:

And I voted for that so feel entitled to complain. I am also not restricted to bothering about one thing. I can bother about a range of things of varying importance all at the same time but maybe that is just cos I am female :unsure:

I meant the Scottish people as a collective group. Although I thought that would have been clear.

Nobody suggested you were restricted to bothering about just one thing either. I just pointed out that there are far more important things than aa silly bit of paper. You can carry on being outraged about it if it gives you something to stay focused on though, be my guest.

Funnily enough I am just ordering stickers to cover up the UJ on my new drivers licence. Not using it until that piece of shit is covered.

them seriously, they are an absolute shower.

Yes, because you not using your driving licence will have a negative impact on the people who put the union jack there.

It might even get us a second referendum and turn a few no voters over to yes.

Yes, because you not using your driving licence will have a negative impact on the people who put the union jack there.

It might even get us a second referendum and turn a few no voters over to yes.

At what point did i say any of these things were going to happen?

I presume the opposite page to the photo has Scotland and N.Ireland on it?

Otherwise it won't just be extreme nationalists who'll be up in arms!

Agree with the fact it's misleading to say it "showcases the four nations" it seems more like a celebration of UK cultural and social history. As with Armchair Bob I've no problem with that there, just don't describe it otherwise.

You didn't say that exactly but your "f*ck them" attitude gave the impression that you were making some sort of stand, when in reality, you're just losing out on using your licence to benefit yourself.

them meaning them.

Im not giving up driving ffs im simply not using my new licence until the butchers apron is covered.

Away and plan your second away trip or something.

I presume the opposite page to the photo has Scotland and N.Ireland on it?

Obviously.

But speaking as an English & Welsh nationalist, I am appalled that my countries are obscured by my (beautiful) face, yet those traitorous Jocks and the bloody Irish get to see their whole country.

Wasn't like this under Thatcher.

them meaning them.

Im not giving up driving ffs im simply not using my new licence until the butchers apron is covered.

Away and plan your second away trip or something.

People like you were a dream for the media last year. Childish and pathetic attitudes like that allowed them to portray us all as unstable, Mcglashan type figures

Not really sure what your last sentence means. I'm pretty sure I've been to far more Scotland matches, home and away, than you have. Although given you are probably about 15 years old, I do have a slight age advantage I suppose.