Best Way To Remove Clothing Security Tags - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Best Way To Remove Clothing Security Tags

Was over in New York 2 weekends ago and did some shopping. Just getting round to unpacking now and have discovered that one of the items I purchased in Macy's still has the security tag attached. The sales person who charged me was pretty busy chatting to her pal so I'm not surprised something like this happened. Anyway does anyone know how to remove these without the ink thing bursting all over the clothes. Cheers

Was over in New York 2 weekends ago and did some shopping. Just getting round to unpacking now and have discovered that one of the items I purchased in Macy's still has the security tag attached. The sales person who charged me was pretty busy chatting to her pal so I'm not surprised something like this happened. Anyway does anyone know how to remove these without the ink thing bursting all over the clothes. Cheers

go to a shop and get them to do it ?

Contact Macys who can advise on a store in the UK.

Otherwise, take it to a local supermarket along with proof of purchase and they'd likely do it.

Happened to me, and some Levis from Macys in March. I went to the local Tesco.

If it's a magnetic tag - all you'll need is a strong magnet to take it off.

I had the same problem with jeans I bought from John Lewis. They left the tag on and I didn't notice it until I got home.

I tried the magnet thing but it didn't work. Had to go back to John Lewis to get it removed. They did give me my money for my train ticket. Funny thing was it didn't set off the alarms when I left the shop but it did set them off when I returned.

Cheers for the info. I will try the hacksaw trick I think as it is also just a metal pin. I defo handed it over to pay for it but can't be sure if she charged me for it or not as I was hungover and not really paying attention. I did also manage to purchase a minging shirt for $200 cause my mate said it would be a laugh. What the was I thinking?

If it's a magnetic tag - all you'll need is a strong magnet to take it off.

Yep should work, easy enough to asla supermarket too.

Cheers for the info. I will try the hacksaw trick I think as it is also just a metal pin. I defo handed it over to pay for it but can't be sure if she charged me for it or not as I was hungover and not really paying attention. I did also manage to purchase a minging shirt for $200 cause my mate said it would be a laugh. What the was I thinking?

You have too much money if you're spending that on a shirt.

was my holiday spending money which i'd been saving up for a while. wouldn't normally splash so much on an item like a shirt

fair doos, even if I was rich I couldn't justify that. Especially as you said its a shit one haha.

fair doos, even if I was rich I couldn't justify that. Especially as you said its a shit one haha.

Agreed. I got given a £200 gift voucher for Currys and i still couldn't justify buying Beats by Dre headphones to myself.

Agreed. I got given a £200 gift voucher for Currys and i still couldn't justify buying Beats by Dre headphones to myself.

As the headphone thread says, they are far too overpriced, very much paying for a name. Saying that though i went through a phase of just buying cheap sony numbers i liked for a good few years. They were less than a tenner haha.

I think it's a good shirt. the design on it is just horrific but i'm hoping it'll develop into a favourite so I can at least get some value out of it. heading out tonight actually so think it may make it's debut