Homeland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I'm struggling to feel the love for this season. It seems such a detachment from the original concept of the first few seasons. That said, I felt the same at the start of last season and it turned out good so maybe a slow burner to something big.

And that said, I'll still go out my way every Sunday night to watch it.

I'm struggling to feel the love for this season. It seems such a detachment from the original concept of the first few seasons. That said, I felt the same at the start of last season and it turned out good so maybe a slow burner to something big.

And that said, I'll still go out my way every Sunday night to watch it.

I often find episodes boring until the last 10-15 minutes and then they spring to life which makes me come back the next sunday.

I didnt think anything would be mentioned about last nights episode.ding dong :blink: This is about as bad as the time the wife told me that the captain gets killed at the end of SAVING PRIVATE RYAN just as i started to watch it from the start. :angry: :angry: I spent the whole film hoping she was wrong till he you guessed it he gets killed at the end.

Edited by HIGHTOWER 1314

Its a pale shadow of series 1 and 2. The obsession with Carrie's state of mind totally overshadows and plot. Even then the plot for this latest series is totally predictable and unimaginative.

Series 3 (and 2 in fact) were pretty poor but series 4 was really good and I'm enjoying this one too.

Didn't think Quinn would kill her.

Is it the CIA that want her dead? Or has someone intercepted his message?

Wasn't expecting Saul to end up in bed with the red head, well played sir! (Was their whole fall out for show??)

Quite enjoying it, and if we'd been binge watching, I couldn't have left it there!

Wasn't expecting Saul to end up in bed with the red head, well played sir! (Was their whole fall out for show??)

Quite enjoying it, and if we'd been binge watching, I couldn't have left it there!

I'm not sure at all, certainly seems like it. I have a feeling however, that Quinn is protecting her as he knows someone else is trying to kill her? Just a theory though. Yeah Saul's done not bad there, again not sure, must be more to come form it as surely they don't expect us to be able to guess that?

Yeah, I think the red head is potentially a bad 'un.

• 2 months later...

Just finished watching the last series, got to say the final episode, compared to the rest of the series, was a total let down. Ruined the whole thing for me, was rubbish. No watched series 4 yet so might start that yin soon.

Just finished watching the last series, got to say the final episode, compared to the rest of the series, was a total let down. Ruined the whole thing for me, was rubbish. No watched series 4 yet so might start that yin soon.

To be honest, as much as I love Homeland it has a habit of doing that.

I agree with the poster who said it's been only series 3 that was rubbish, but as good as the 2 most recent series have been, I think they've both had disappointing final episodes and although I can't particularly recall them now, I think some of the previous ones may have too.