Bannan - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bannan

er yir macaroon

Not too popular on here but our form nosedive coincided with him being out the team. He's comfortable taking the ball from defenders and nudging the play along with the occasional Hollywood pass. He's suited to international football and made us tick.

April 1st?

I thought we toiled to break down Gibraltar at hampden till he came on. He offered a little more directness and looked for a penetrating pass whereas the rest of the midfield passed it back and forth going nowhere. We could have done with him in Georgia.

A good option to have on the bench imo.

E

Jesus, what is with the Barry Bannan love in. The fact that he's not been able to cement a place at Derby, Blackpool, Leeds, Palace, Bolton or Sheffield Wednesday surely speaks volumes.

Err.. he starts every game of not for Wedsnesday and I can link you threads on Owls forums full of fans saying "sign him up for the next 4 years, he's one of the first names on the teamsheet". As far as I know he played very well for Bolton tooa nd their fans were largely sad he didnt go back to them.

He's been playing excellently at club level of late and would certainly be in future squads for me. Some games suit Anya's pace some suit Bannan's more subtle play and incisive passes.