Music From The 1990's - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Music From The 1990's

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter were the first band I ever saw live back in about 1992 at the Barras with the worst ever fake ID you'll see in your life.

I was there too, it was May 1992. The Frank and Walters were the support?

They had a big screen behind them with images being projected onto it. One of the clips being played on the big screen was images from around Glasgow. Somebody had obviously been out round Glasgow during the day to capture the footage. A pic of the celtic shop flashed up to a big "BOO" from the crowd only to be followed by a pic of the rangers shop and an equally big "BOO"

Charlatans are playing the Usher Hall at the beginning of December - never been to a gig there before so looking forward to it (especially as their last album is a particular favourite of mine).

It's excellent mate. I seen Noel Gallagher in there when he first went solo (might even have been his first gig). Cracking gig, and was very impressed with the venue. The fact it's a theatre means the floor slopes up the way so no matter where you are you get a good view of the stage.

It's excellent mate. I seen Noel Gallagher in there when he first went solo (might even have been his first gig). Cracking gig, and was very impressed with the venue. The fact it's a theatre means the floor slopes up the way so no matter where you are you get a good view of the stage.

:ok:

Great location for pre-gig refreshments as well :beer2: .

I was thinking more of terms of nearby pubs - the Bow Bar in Victoria Street (a favourite of mine) doesn't look too far away.

I'm going to the Lyceum tomorrow night which is right next to the Usher Hall and was looking for somewhere to go for a pint so I'll check this out, cheers!! :beer2:

It serves real ales the traditional Scottish way - from a font rather than hand pulled. If you don't like it there's always plenty of other options nearby on the Grassmarket.

I've been going to Edinburgh at least twice a year for the last 10-12 years and these days I try and avoid Grassmarket as much as I can where possible!

I've been going to Edinburgh at least twice a year for the last 10-12 years and these days I try and avoid Grassmarket as much as I can where possible!

Used to frequent the grass market in the 90's when I was at college. Was great then but the last time I was there (a few years ago to be fair) it seemed to have turned into yuppy central.

You could always head up from the grass market and head to the pubic triangle lol