Brendan Rodgers - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Brendan Rodgers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleaning this board up of repetitive , nonsense, off topic posting isnt going crying. If you cant use a Messge board properly, then that is your problem.

Why is it off topic? I discussed the clamour about English fitba' which is this thread. Then all of a sudden 4 Rangers fans bite back. Where is the issue here? If that is what you call ABUSIVE then goodness knows how you are able to survive leaving the house in the mornings. :lol:

Bringing rangers into a thrd about liverpool is very off topic. You forget that every one on here are SCOTLAND fans first. Calling people Huns to try and make a rubbish connection between rangers fans talking about the same English football that you are discussing , and making out they must love all things English is the abusive part. As its abusive to the point of the board to be a connecting point for SCOTLAND fans , that you fail so greatly to get, That I have put it in caps twice for you.

Bringing rangers into a thrd about liverpool is very off topic. You forget that every one on here are SCOTLAND fans first. Calling people Huns to try and make a rubbish connection between rangers fans talking about the same English football that you are discussing , and making out they must love all things English is the abusive part. As its abusive to the point of the board to be a connecting point for SCOTLAND fans , that you fail so greatly to get, That I have put it in caps twice for you.

I notice the smarter posters like Larky and Angus have stepped back from the nonsense you are spouting now. For our disagreements those lads are still smart posters. It seems they might feel a tad embarrassed by your bed wetting. :lol:

I notice the smarter posters like Larky and Angus have stepped back from the nonsense you are spouting now. For our disagreements those lads are still smart posters. It seems they might feel a tad embarrassed by your bed wetting. :lol:

On the contrary I'm quite enjoying this. It's a slow nightshift so far.

Pair of wallopers :) :) :)

You have quite the obsession with bed wetting. Compensating much? Maybe why fishing gets you so hot and bothered

You have quite the obsession with bed wetting. Compensating much? Maybe why fishing gets you so hot and bothered

Debating the state of Scottish fitba' due to the obsession with foreign fitba' is fishing, is it? Are you drunk? :blink:

FFS you have lost it with that one - smarter than who? Eddard the TAMB village idiot?

I don't agree with most of what Larky says but he's no' daft. He has his opinion and words it well at times.

Touching.

Any chance you can explain why we aren't allowed a discussion on English football?

Apparently it will destroy our football despite the fact I spend hundreds of pounds per season watching my club and country and feck all (other than the licence fee you pay for anyway) on other countries football?

Or do you want to avoid your lack of a valid point and just throw insults about?

Touching.

Any chance you can explain why we aren't allowed a discussion on English football?

Apparently it will destroy our football despite the fact I spend hundreds of pounds per season watching my club and country and feck all (other than the licence fee you pay for anyway) on other countries football?

Or do you want to avoid your lack of a valid point and just throw insults about?

Where did I say you weren't allowed? I thought the point in a board was for differing opinion. Or is it only ok on here if everyone agrees with you? :rolleyes:

I don't think it helps Scottish fitba' any with the thousands upon thousands that spend their time creaming over English fitba'.

Without getting in to the tit-for-tat pish that has gone previously...

I agree with Ormond that folks fascination with English (and other foreign) fitbaw is a major problem for our game. Folk seem to believe they can support a team via Sky Sports. It's pathetic, IMO. How can you have an affinity with a team from hundreds of miles away, that you have no connection to and who do not even come from the same country as you? It's bizarre.

There's also the numpties like Louch, who give it the "Scottish fitbaw is pish". Of course, he never goes to watch Scottish football or contributes to it. Yet he thinks his opinion on it should be valid. These folk are too thick to realise that even if it is "pish", it is so because numpties want to support a foreign team via Sky Sports.

In the long-term, this will also significantly affect our national team as our clubs wont be able to afford to invest in youth development and community programmes.

But hey, we can all cut about in our new Man Utd kits and pay Rupert Murdoch £1200/year. That's what real fitbaw fans do.

Edited by Parklife

How is a guy supporting Newcastle in dumfries different from you supporting Aberdeen when you live in Falkirk parklife? You just glory hunted in a different era than support your local team

You just glory hunted in a different era than support your local team

"Glory hunted" :lol:

When would you say you start supporting a football team? 5 years old? 6? Lets say 5. I was 5 in 1992. Can you tell me what glory Aberdeen have had since 1992? As i must have blinked and missed it :lol:

Without getting in to the tit-for-tat pish that has gone previously...

I agree with Ormond that folks fascination with English (and other foreign) fitbaw is a major problem for our game. Folk seem to believe they can support a team via Sky Sports. It's pathetic, IMO. How can you have an affinity with a team from hundreds of miles away, that you have no connection to and who do not even come from the same country as you? It's bizarre.

There's also the numpties like Louch, who give it the "Scottish fitbaw is pish". Of course, he never goes to watch Scottish football or contributes to it. Yet he thinks his opinion on it should be valid. These folk are too thick to realise that even if it is "pish", it is so because numpties want to support a foreign team via Sky Sports.

In the long-term, this will also significantly affect our national team as our clubs wont be able to afford to invest in youth development and community programmes.

But hey, we can all cut about in our new Man Utd kits and pay Rupert Murdoch £1200/year. That's what real fitbaw fans do.

I get where you're coming from and I'm sure there are folk who only support teams via Sky etc but I don't think that applies to the folk on this board.

Most folk have their own Scottish team that they support but also enjoy watching football from other (normally European) leagues.

I don't subscribe to Sky or BT and never will to watch football. I only watch the free stuff as I object to the hoovering up of the world's cash into a few footballers pockets.

I like good football no matter where it's from but I only support Rangers and Scotland. So your point doesn't apply to me and I think there are a lot of folk in the same position as myself.

Do you subscribe to Sky or BT?

Where did I say you weren't allowed? I thought the point in a board was for differing opinion. Or is it only ok on here if everyone agrees with you? :rolleyes:

I don't think it helps Scottish fitba' any with the thousands upon thousands that spend their time creaming over English fitba'.

You don't have a point

Just because I enjoy football when it's good no matter it's nationality does not mean it'll kill Scottish football.

I pay to watch Rangers and Scotland. I don't buy any merchandise except Scotland.

I don't pay to watch any TV football.

How is that causing an issue for Scottish football?

It isn't.

I get where you're coming from and I'm sure there are folk who only support teams via Sky etc but I don't think that applies to the folk on this board.

Most folk have their own Scottish team that they support but also enjoy watching football from other (normally European) leagues.

I don't subscribe to Sky or BT and never will to watch football. I only watch the free stuff as I object to the hoovering up of the world's cash into a few footballers pockets.

I like good football no matter where it's from but I only support Rangers and Scotland. So your point doesn't apply to me and I think there are a lot of folk in the same position as myself.

Do you subscribe to Sky or BT?

I agree with every word of your post btw. I wasn't suggesting that everyone on this board supports Man Utd/Chelsea/etc.

I think this is something that is changing though. I was at my nephews 5th birthday party on Saturday. My 2 nephews were wearing a Falkirk strip and a Stenhousemuir strip. 2 other kids were wearing Hearts tops. No other kids in the room were wearing Scottish strips. I'm trying to take my nephews to football as much as possible in order to try and stop them "supporting" foreign teams. It is difficult to stop them being seduced by the perceived glamour of the EPL and Champions League.

No, the only subscription TV i subscribe to is Netflix.

Its the "Scottish fitba is pish" argument that gets me. Compared to what - a league where billions are spent, where the manager and the majority of players rotate on a bi-annual basis and where there is no connection or affinity to the local community bar one occasional homegrown substitute? Frankly, I find it boring - the EPL is like Transformers 4 compared to Scottish football's low budget, decidedly patchy indie affair. Give me the latter any day.

And whilst I am ranting away, the "Scottish football is pish" brigade generally trot out the "but were are all Scotland national supporters at the end of the day". Bizarre. The Scottish national team have been pish for quite some time so where is the consistency in going to watch them and supporting them but not wanting anything remotely to do with the "pish" that Motherwell or Dundee Utd serve up.

My pub for watching football on a Sunday is Tennents on Byres Road. If a Scottish game clashes with an English game, 4 tellies out of 5 will have the Scottish game and one wee telly will have the English game - despite protests by some who come in. I think there should be a similar law on this in all Scottish pubs - something along the lines of the Gaelic promotion legislation :). Of course better to go to a game but am generally talking about games on a Sunday or during the week ..........

Edited by Return of Yermaw