Dundee - "no" Stronghold (Apparently) - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dundee - "no" Stronghold (Apparently)

David Cameron should carry the blame if Scotland backs independence this week, for forcing an all-or-nothing vote, Alex Salmond said last night, as the SNP leader claimed there was “unstoppable” momentum behind the “Yes” campaign.

...First Minister Mr Salmond said that it was the Prime Minister who “fought tooth and nail” to keep a third option of “devo max” off the ballot paper.

I have never thanked anyone so much in my whole life when David Cameron forced a two choice all or nothing question.

Thanks again Dave.

Not been to Dundee for a while, but if comments on here are correct, I find this very hard to believe:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/scottish-independence-vote-salmond-boasts-of-unstoppable-momentum-9731659.html

I don't know about Dundee but after yesterday's edition I would not treat what the Independent says as being impartial 'independent' information.

They had a scare story on their front page implying 'vicious' campaign, and intimidation by Yes, citing only Better Together sources and no right to reply from Yes.

Edited by exile

ive just spent a fortnight back home in dundee and i find that very hard to believe judging the mood of the town ,and i would put dundee as favourite if i was picking which city will come down on the side of independence

If Dundee returns less than 65% YES, it will have been fixed. Absolutely no doubt in my mind about that. Unfortunately it's just a wee place (about 2.5% of the total electorate, I think) so doesn't have a huge influence in the result overall. But every vote counts in this referendum.