Glasgow Today - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You just can't find stuff like this on the No side. It is like light versus darkness, hope versus fear.

To be fair the No people are there as well, probably cursing under their collective breath.

Somehow I dont think a wee verse of GSTQ or Rule Britannia would be so emotional.

Does anybody know if there will be any gathering like this tomorrow. I would love to take my daughter to let her see history and democracy in progress. She's learning the word to Caledonia as we speak

gathering/rally in George square at 1230, some other stuff then demo at bbc at 2pm.

Who do we want to spend the rest of our lives with? These folk in the square singing about a belief in their shared future or the cringers who are too scared.

I have never seen scenes like this in Scotland my whole life. Politically we are alive for the first time in hundreds of years I feel. It is electric almost.

To be fair the No people are there as well, probably cursing under their collective breath.

Somehow I dont think a wee verse of GSTQ or Rule Britannia would be so emotional.

If you can find anything that comes close to those pictures of Buchanan Street but for the No fearties I will buy you a pint...Kev.

I have never seen scenes like this in Scotland my whole life. Politically we are alive for the first time in hundreds of years I feel. It is electric almost.

Saw the BBC news earlier. No shots of Buchanan Street, looked more like a normal election campaign with Salmond in a helicopter, Davidson in front of a sign, Murphy and Reid walking down a street... plus the orange order... and more stories about banks and businesses

full.jpg

For decades, you see popular movements on the streets, in other countries, where 'the people' struggle to overcome the state apparatus in crumbling regimes.

In most recent years, you see people using mobile phones and social media, to by-pass the bias of state channels.

Just never imagined it would be here!

For decades, you see popular movements on the streets, in other countries, where 'the people' struggle to overcome the state apparatus in crumbling regimes.

In most recent years, you see people using mobile phones and social media, to by-pass the bias of state channels.

Just never imagined it would be here!

That comment made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

Its going to be so close on Thursday there is no way I'm going to be able to sleep till the results come in. I don't think the pollsters have any real idea what people are planning to do and i think a lot of people themselves will enter the booth and hover over the question.

Once in a life time moment coming up thats for sure.