Labour Leadership - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour Leadership

Don't forget the disrespect he showed by not singing God Save the Queen!

Will his evil ever end!

Whether you like it or not the great unwashed generally expect their political leaders to play the game. I admire the bloke already as he seems a deeply principled man but if he turns up to an event like that and doesnt play nicely they will go after him. I would add that i'd never vote for him in a million years but I do still admire him, he's too left wing, even for my working class roots ;-)

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether you like it or not the great unwashed generally expect their political leaders to play the game. I admire the bloke already as he seems a deeply principled man but if he turns up to an event like that and doesnt play nicely they will go after him. I would add that i'd never vote for him in a million years but I do still admire him, he's too left wing, even for my working class roots ;-)

They hate politicians but you're right they still want them to play the game and appear "statesman like"

Given the options, wouldn't too left be better than the alternatives?

I suspect that in truth Corbyn is somewhat closer to a hypothetical centre point of a non-existent political spectrum than Cameron is. It's good to see that myth & the Ladybird Guide to Political Thought can still fuel a good old-fashioned character assassination.

Which makes you wonder why he didnt turn up in a matching suit with his tie done up and sung the song, because the people who read the book you mention wouldve had feck all to complain about, and maybe, just maybe he might've started to win a few doubters over ! because as previous when you are in the soptlight, perception matters ! He should give your Ms Sturgeon a call about how to up his game because there's a lady that certainly has !

Disgusting statement from Corbyn. Traitorous scum!

“My mum served as an air raid warden and my dad in the Home Guard. Like that whole generation, they showed tremendous courage and determination to defeat fascism. The heroism of the Royal Air Force in the Battle of Britain is something to which we all owe a enormous debt of gratitude.

The loss of life – both civilian and military – should be commemorated so that we both honour their lives and do all that we can to ensure future generations are spared the horrors of war.”

Which makes you wonder why he didnt turn up in a matching suit with his tie done up and sung the song, because the people who read the book you mention wouldve had feck all to complain about, and maybe, just maybe he might've started to win a few doubters over ! because as previous when you are in the soptlight, perception matters ! He should give your Ms Sturgeon a call about how to up his game because there's a lady that certainly has !

I find it amusing the great difficulty you have processing someone acting on principle. Why doesn't he just pretend ?

“My mum served as an air raid warden and my dad in the Home Guard. Like that whole generation, they showed tremendous courage and determination to defeat fascism. The heroism of the Royal Air Force in the Battle of Britain is something to which we all owe a enormous debt of gratitude.

The loss of life – both civilian and military – should be commemorated so that we both honour their lives and do all that we can to ensure future generations are spared the horrors of war.”

Do you think Corbyn would gone to war against Hitler? He holds really strong views on avoiding conflict .

Do you think Corbyn would gone to war against Hitler? He holds really strong views on avoiding conflict .

Convoluted Godwin metrics here.

Would he have gone to war with Hitler? FFS Hitler gave no one a choice really didn't he. When he attacked countries with protection treaties.

Always interesting when you jump 80 years into the past for a nice counterfactual argument involving the Nazi's.

surely you can make whatever point you're trying to without invoking Hitler, world war II and the rise of the Nazi's

:lol:

"CORBYN WOULD'VE LAY DOWN TO THE NAZIS"

I fully expect to see that as a Daily Mail headline soon. Quality stuff, Eddard :ok:

Convoluted Godwin metrics here.

Would he have gone to war with Hitler? FFS Hitler gave no one a choice really didn't he. When he attacked countries with protection treaties.

Always interesting when you jump 80 years into the past for a nice counterfactual argument involving the Nazi's.

surely you can make whatever point you're trying to without invoking Hitler, world war II and the rise of the Nazi's

In the context we are talking about the Battle of Britain its a fair point to make.

Just a small hint here...check my username & then Google maps :D

Others have made the point but you can only judge any human on how they respond to the situations they face. It's probably a nice dinner party game (I never get asked to any so I'm guessing here) to say would (insert politician) have (insert political act) if they had been leader at that time, but it's unprovable & essentially pointless. How about "would David Cameron have introduced a National Health Service in the early 1950s" for example.

That's all very well, but his top button was undone.

I don't know what the point was. all you did was ask a question about Hitler, what was your actual point?

I actually admire Corbyn's principled stance. I was wondering if he was a pacifist that is all. He needs to be careful with how he words his jibes at the Tories though. Calling then Poverty Deniers is kind of crass don't you think?

I actually admire Corbyn's principled stance. I was wondering if he was a pacifist that is all. He needs to be careful with how he words his jibes at the Tories though. Calling then Poverty Deniers is kind of crass don't you think?

Yeah using "deniers" is far too emotive a word. Though far down my list of priorities , like the massive arms fair in London soon. Or extra-judicial killing of citizens , or the ongoing child abuse problem etc etc.

I think it's acceptable as it's an accurate statement so I wouldn't put it in the crass or Slur category.

First poll since he took over has a healthy gain for Labour :ok: #CorbynEffect