Aberdeen Vs Celtic - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Aberdeen Vs Celtic

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this the right thread for this comment but on the evidence of today why did Strachan give Forrest so much game time compared to Griffiths in the last 2 games. Easy to see who causes the opposition most problems out of the 2 and I accept they don't play in exactly the same position.

He certainly was a pain in the arse today.

Always buzzing about.

Edited by dandydunn

Not sure if this the right thread for this comment but on the evidence of today why did Strachan give Forrest so much game time compared to Griffiths in the last 2 games. Easy to see who causes the opposition most problems out of the 2 and I accept they don't play in exactly the same position.

This. As a erh boozy Aberdeen fan - today's only danger was Griffiths. Sorry pasta - forest is totally pIsh.

Full credit to Aberdeen, they deserved the win, they have sussed out that to beat celtic is to put high balls into the box, the celtic central defence is rank rotten, to be honest the whole defence is shite.

I have always been an admirer of Craig Gordon but he now appears to have the Dracula syndrome and does not come any where near a cross, the second goal was 100% his fault, to allow a guy to side foot a cross in from 4 yds out is criminal.

The whole zonal marking is a joke , it has been proven for years not to work but obviously someone at celtic park likes it, to me it is like pressing a self destruct button, all you require is a good crosser of the ball and the runners will do the rest.

The Croatian boy will need to be some player to shore up that defence !!!

Was it a deserved victory ?

Shocking from Celtic against 10 men.

Congrats to the Dons.

First half even on chances but Celtic the better side.

Second half Aberdeen better side with 11 and 10.

Thought our will to win in the second half meant we deserved the 3 points.

A step in the right direction and a boost for the whole game here that someone can make life difficult for Celtic. A long way to go though and no point in getting carried away at this stage in the season.

"If it's up the other end I'm positive, I'd put my mortgage on it, that the referee sends one of our players off."

Asked what made him say that, he replied: "It's what happens. If it's up the other end the Aberdeen players would have surrounded him and you can guarantee he sends him off. That's 100 percent.

Lolz :lol:

Edited by dandydunn

First half even on chances but Celtic the better side.

Second half Aberdeen better side with 11 and 10.

Thought our will to win in the second half meant we deserved the 3 points.

A step in the right direction and a boost for the whole game here that someone can make life difficult for Celtic. A long way to go though and no point in getting carried away at this stage in the season.

Cheers double A :ok:

Good victory for you boys, a bit more consistency this season and it could result in a total nightmare for me and pure pandamonium for you :lol:

Edited by jock strap

Cheers double A :ok:

Good victory for you boys, a bit more consistency this season and it could result in a total nightmare for me and pure pandamonium for you :lol:

:-))

Ach we had a better record against the rest until the last 4 games last season when the game was a bogey. Losing 4/4 against them was what did us in.

I don't think they'll drop as many points to the rest this year .. just hoping we don't either.

Its still a huge task to achieve and we all know that.

Edited by AberdeenAngus

:-))

Ach we had a better record against the rest until the last 4 games last season when the game was a bogey. Losing 4/4 against them was what did us in.

I don't think they'll drop as many points to the rest this year .. just hoping we don't either.

Its still a huge task to achieve and we all know that.

Good luck to you all anyway :ok: