Way Off The Pace? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Way Off The Pace?

macy37

Regarding Marshall, should have done better at second but no worse than Neuer at other end for our first. No chance with deflection on first, third in of inside of post so again hard to blame. The couple that were fired in right at him he coped well with. Wouldn't exactly have him classed as ropey on based on that.

For me while Marshall was poor with his save. The shot should never have happened as Maloney should have been out there covering when Mulgrew dropped into help Martin and Hanley. If Anya had started that's where he would have been, we saw how Anya would cover Mulgrew and Robeston at Lb during the Georgia game.

Deluded.

The quality of their passing is what it should be. Ours is embarrassing. Add that our delivery from dead balls.

Yet again though fans and pundits will claim a valiant defeat.

Nauseous.

Utter garbage.

They are World Champions for a reason ! We are the same standard as Celtic are in the Champs League.

You though, will come back with some crap excuse or opinion as normal.

Bore.

We played much better than on Friday.but we were still our own worst enemy and constantly put ourselves under unnecessary pressure by giving the ball away.

Nail on the head. Our ball retention is horrendous. It is a major problem, and has been for years

Agree that we need to hold onto the ball better.

Doesn't help when you get rockets in the support booing Scott Brown for going backwards when the pass wasn't on.

All the good sides don't mind going backwards and starting again as long as they keep hold of the ball.

Instead in this country you get the tuts and groans, and the shouts of "get it up the f***ng park!" if you dare to pass the ball back to the defenders.

Utter garbage.

They are World Champions for a reason ! We are the same standard as Celtic are in the Champs League.

You though, will come back with some crap excuse or opinion as normal.

Bore.

Another delusional supporter. If you feel that last night's deliveries and passing display not forgetting lack of movement is acceptable then no wonder as a country we have problems. Accepting that last night isn't on.

Static, picked off at will and beaten 3-2 going on 7. The Germans toyed with us and we chased shadows for the majority of the game. World Champions or not we should be competing better than we did.

It is. The last 2 games v them confirm that. What they do have, high we don't, is a top level striker who scores regularly. That's their only big advantage over us IMO.

Not just the striker.

Look at the clubs their players are at. They've got 3 or 4 top quality players and probably the best centre forward in the world.

I was in the minority but on the balance of play I thought Poland deserved to beat us over there. They battered us after we went ahead.

I've not seen a lot of them since but watched all the Ireland game and they didn't look quite as dangerous, especially in the second half when Ireland more than deserved their point.

Technically they are a level above us and Ireland.

We were some way behind Germany by every possible measure. Composure, technique, pace, ability. We're still not producing top level athletes is another major concern. At this level we still look like wee boys running about chasing the ball. Where the Germans strode a few yards to find space, we'd sprint 10 paces. We always look like we're having to expend maximum energy levels in order to function while other teams look equally capable with more composure and less exertion. I think there's a competent technique and ability in some of our players but, with good reason, you can't play under exhaustion. Maybe I'm just kidding myself though. Look at where our players ply their trade. I really wish more players could and would go to the continent to develop. The championship and bottom of the Premiership is killing them.