Anthem - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anthem

Dunty

Really disappointed at that. She's the best we've had in a long time and, what's more, she really seemed to enjoy it. Some folk shouldn't be allowed to use the internet, numpties.

So much so that she wrote a song about it.

Clearly means a great deal to her that despite having experience of playing in front of large crowds she was so nervous about singing the national anthem that she made a mistake.

Hopefully she can get past it and get back on the pitch again. One of the few folk that can seem to sing at the same speed at the fans and keep the crowd from sounding like a rabble.

Our anthem is great when we have someone singing it the same speed the crowd does. Many opposition fans have commented on how great it is and an English fan said to me he wished they had something so passionate and uplifting.

https://youtu.be/ybxfZoT6VHQ

Here is a great version. The best it's even been done in my opinion was during Euro 2008 qualifiers with Ronnie the Corrie. He sang it the correct speed with the crowd and with passion. Get him back for Poland.

Our anthem is great when we have someone singing it the same speed the crowd does. Many opposition fans have commented on how great it is and an English fan said to me he wished they had something so passionate and uplifting.

https://youtu.be/ybxfZoT6VHQ

Here is a great version. The best it's even been done in my opinion was during Euro 2008 qualifiers with Ronnie the Corrie. He sang it the correct speed with the crowd and with passion. Get him back for Poland.

He was on TV doing an interview a few weeks ago. He said he wasn't able to sing it any more. Auld age disnae come itself.

I'm sure I remember a game about 10 or 12 years ago at Hampden, when FoS was sung at a really fast pace.

It was like a sped up rock version.

I'm sure it was a qualifier, but can't find any evidence on YouTube.

Surely I wasn't that pissed....

We had some three opera type guys. Might be that your thinking of. Thought they were terrible