What Now, Strachan? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Now, Strachan?

northernscum

FFS folks.

WGS got it wrong tonight.

This time yesterday, there were shouts about getting him knighted, Gordon the Saviour etc etc.

It is a shocking result, he got it wrong and every single player let him and us down tonight.

In Gord We Trust.........and remaining so.

Puzzling tonight... first time I can remember watching Scotland under Strachan, when I didn't have the feeling we could always nick something

[i didn't see Sc v Wales by the way]

Strachan seems strangely un-animated... disappointed/deflated rather than annoyed/disgusted

Edited by exile

We're out, there will be no miracle against Germany. Ireland got a result out in Georgia, so fully expect them to win at home.

Irish here. I know how it feels to get disappointing results and be hoping for favours and miracles, too. Ireland and Scotland are like two bald men fighting over a comb. Two average sides scrapping over the right to be knocked out in the playoffs, tripping over themselves in the process. Scotland may find themselves 4 points behind Ireland, come Tuesday, and if that is the case it will go right to the wire because Ireland have two tough final games. It'll be interesting, but I don't think either team is going to the Euros at this stage.

Well done Georgia, fully deserved victory. The reality is that we do not have the quality to consistently perform at a level that will take us through a group stage to qualify. Our best team would struggle to win the English Championship..... Its not the managers fault, we just don't have enough good players!!

FFS folks.

WGS got it wrong tonight.

This time yesterday, there were shouts about getting him knighted, Gordon the Saviour etc etc.

It is a shocking result, he got it wrong and every single player let him and us down tonight.

In Gord We Trust.........and remaining so.

Aye okay.

How does this differ from the performance/result under Levein?

Well done Georgia, fully deserved victory. The reality is that we do not have the quality to consistently perform at a level that will take us through a group stage to qualify. Our best team would struggle to win the English Championship..... Its not the managers fault, we just don't have enough good players!!

A lot of truth in that. We need to keep the faith with the performance schools and the youth system. That's what Iceland and Belgium did.