Warning Signs! - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Warning Signs!

tricky6

Imagine if bale does a hammy before the finals. Would be the biggest anti climax ever. Sure I looked at Wales stats before in this group and bale had been involved in something like 10 out of 12 Wales goals or something close to that ratio (add yet another tonight). Guy is unbelievable

Aye, it was a screamer of a header for the winner tonight. Wales have got to be one of the main "one man teams" about in international football, they would crumble without Bale for any serious amount of time.

Who struggled to beat Malta. At home.

Italy are masters at doing the bare minimum for qualifcation, when i was going there for work the people i worked with who were big football fans said they dont even bother watching the qualifiers most of the time unless they are against good teams as they know they will qualify and the games will most likely be shite.

Italy are masters at doing the bare minimum for qualifcation, when i was going there for work the people i worked with who were big football fans said they dont even bother watching the qualifiers most of the time unless they are against good teams as they know they will qualify and the games will most likely be shite.

I'd say also that is is common knowledge that this is the weakest Italian side perhaps they have ever had.

I just quickly glanced at Live Score, Asian qualifiers, 10 games where they home sides won by an aggregate of 79-2, including Qatar wining 15-0!

It's unreal I listed off the scores to my dad earlier and he couldn't believe it.

When. you see what we have to go through coated to these teams its a joke.

Looking at some of the results going on tonight, the warning signs are there!

The so called "wee" teams ain't mugs anymore.

I would class us as one of the wee teams and hopefully we can be in the exact same bracket as the Welsh and Iceland tonight !

Both Ramsey and Ashley Williams would enhance our team. They're not quite a one-man team.

Joe Ledley and Joe Allen would also easily get in our squad. I rate both of them. Neil Taylor at Swansea and Ben Davies at Spurs are also both decent players.

Edited by kmcca5

Both Ramsey and Ashley Williams would enhance our team. They're not quite a one-man team.

I look at Wales as exactly the same as us with a top class player added in.

They are a solid unit, that play well as a team and are hard to beat. In Bale they have a proven match winner who can get them something out of nothing. Just having him on the pitch is a bonus for them as he will naturally attract most of the attention and free up some space for the other players.

The way Wales play really suits him too, counter attacking football allows him enough time and space to exploit his pace.

It is just childish in my opinion to try to say Wales are rubbish. Their results recently are ones we'd be delighted with and sorry but a fair few of their players play top flight football at a high level so they are not a one-man team. Bale is the lynch-pin obviously and key for them but heck I wish we had a player like him just now.

It was always going to be viewed as a tricky match and anyone who thought it will be easy is off their heads.

I'd gladly take any sort of win, even with a double deflection then ball going in off the refs arse.

Only time he's reffed one of our games we won. Hopefully that trend continues :ok:

Which game was that? Cannae see it on his stats...

(108 cards in 22 games tho!!! Wonder if we've any players looking dodgy for a ban... Broonie must be up there. Guaranteed a yellow the night)

Really nervous about this game. Played well at Ibrox but still only 1-0, and there's the memory of 2007. Mustn't blow it - how can we possibly sit through a Euro Championship that Iceland and Wales are in but we aren't? Unthinkable. I think this is a must-win, as we can't count on anything v Germany, but as the thread says, warning signs, Georgia aren't going to fall over.

Croatia away was a totally different game.

It didn't matter and they were the better team.

Playing away against a disciplined, organised but poor team is a totally different ball game.

Macedonia is probably more similar. I can't think of a single recent example (minus Lithuania in 2007) where we've played a weak team away and won when it mattered (Faroes, Liechtenstein don't count).

Croatia away was a totally different game.

It didn't matter and they were the better team.

Playing away against a disciplined, organised but poor team is a totally different ball game.

Macedonia is probably more similar. I can't think of a single recent example (minus Lithuania in 2007) where we've played a weak team away and won when it mattered (Faroes, Liechtenstein don't count).

Did we not beat Iceland away when it mattered?

I get where you are coming from, we weren’t managed by Strachan then. The Poland and Ireland away games would have easily been lost under the last two managers.