Starting 11 V Georgia - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 V Georgia

JagDude

How many players have started every game they have been fit for this campaign?

Marshall, Hutton, Martin, Hanley, Brown, Morrison & Naismith?

Maloney & Fletcher have started every game since Dortmund too so I make that 9 name already on the teamsheet, I think Strachan will have learnt from benching Anya in Dublin so add him to the list also which leaves left back as the only spot up for grabs between Robertson, Whittaker, Forsyth & Mulgrew.

Looking again and I think Mulgrew has played every game he was fit for too (he was suspended for Georgia at Ibrox, injured for Poland and Gibraltar).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<div> </div>

<div>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);"> Marshall</p>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);"> </p>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">Whittaker   Martin   Mulgrew   Robertson</p>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);"> </p>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">Brown   McArthur</p>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">Maloney     Morrison    Anya</p>

<p style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: helvetica, arial, sans-serif; text-align: center; background-color: rgb(247, 247, 247);">Naismith</p>

</div>

<p> </p>

Difficult to argue with that line up.

Edit: thought that was the Georgia line up. Glad i'm no a commentator.

Edited by Orraloon

Thats spot on for me, the players that basically got us in this position to start with, Fletcher in there to support Brown and win the midfield in what will be a tricky tie as Brown was swamped in Dublin.

Re Griffiths, HE IS SCORING GOALS IN THE SPL!, he has improved but be serious, the likes of Naismsith and S Fletcher would also score goals in the SPL but have also proved they can play at the highest level, decent option off the bench.

Griffiths has been scoring goals in Europe. Was taking the piss out of Malmo's defence.

Gordon

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

Mulgrew

Forrest

Maloney

Anya (would have been Armstrong)

Griffiths

If that's the team for the game tomorrow night, then our qualification dreams will be over. It does seem to be a biased selection based on your club's players.

The only Celtic player that would be in the team on merit would be Brown - first name on the team sheet. Mulgrew is not in the best club form, but rarely lets Scotland down in central midfiled - but I think we need more dynamism in the shape of Morrison in there. Forrest should be nowhere near the team at present and Fletcher should start in from of Griffiths for his link up play - although I do like Griffiths, I think we could use him in the last 20 minutes if required. Marshall has made the Scotland jersey his own and will not be dropped for Gordon.

Gordon

Hutton

Martin

Hanley

Robertson

Brown

Mulgrew

Forrest

Maloney

Anya (would have been Armstrong)

Griffiths

Eh no. For a few reasons.

First up there is no way Robertson and Hutton will start as full-backs - both are too attack-minded. Full-backs will probably be Hutton and Whittaker.

Second of all - Forrest? Eh just no. This isn't a game to experiment and throw in totally unproven players at this level regardless of what club they play for.

Third Griffiths up front? Really? No goals in five matches for us is hardly a glowing indictment. Strachan will go for either Fletcher or Naismith.

just been watching a few of the recent goals conceded in particular Poland

common denominator as much I thinks he gives all!

HUTTON

Problem is he has been a part of the side through our good run in form and who else would you play? I do see what is being said but struggle to think of an attacking replacement. The way i see us at present is we will NOT play two attacking full-backs (ie Hutton and Robertson) and as Roberston and Anya on the left flank just doesn't seem to work as both are very attacking and get in each others way on that flank then Robertson is somewhat left out in the cold. The attacking full-back slot is therefore reserved for Hutton with probably Whittaker (less attacking on the left or Forsyth).

Probably been covered already but I think Strachan will go with this line up:-

-------------Marshall

Hutton Martin Mulgrew Whittaker

---------Brown Morrison

----Maloney Naismith Anya

------------S.Fletcher

Not sure what from this I'd change, probably Robertson for Whittaker.

In Gord we trust!

I think that is pretty much spot on.