Starting 11 V Georgia - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting 11 V Georgia

JagDude

Fletcher? Why? Why so many putting an out of form misfiring player who isn't getting picked for his club in instead of an inform almost free scoring Griffiths?

Dinnae like Griffiths one bit but as a player ye cannae deny he's bang in form...

As for the keeper,I'd say Craigie's almost back to his best and there's no better than him IMO. Instant optimism points seeing "1. Gordon" on the teamsheet...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robertson and Anya just don't function well at all together on the left flank. Both are attack-minded and V Georgia earlier in this campaign they were mirroring each other and we were exposed on the left. It will be one attacking and one holding full-back this evening.

Banging goals in for Celtic (Griffiths) is miles away from Banging them in for Scotland which he is yet to do. The reason Fletcher is in so many people'still side is that he links play up well unlike Griffiths.

Confident as well. I think he's learned his lesson from the last two games not to mess about with a formula that had worked well in the first 4 games.

Back to basics from a year ago and we'll win this tonight.

Can't wait.

That right there is the reason Griffiths won't start.

Fletcher/Naismith is the tried and tested partnership. Hardly free-scoring but since the Germany game we've won 3 and drawn 2 in the group so they've done their part.

Robertson and Anya just don't function well at all together on the left flank. Both are attack-minded and V Georgia earlier in this campaign they were mirroring each other and we were exposed on the left. It will be one attacking and one holding full-back this evening.

I remember thinking that during the first Georgia game at Ibrox. They seemed to be wanting to fill the same spaces all the time.

I remember thinking that during the first Georgia game at Ibrox. They seemed to be wanting to fill the same spaces all the time.

yeah me too, can remember robertson having to sprint back and put in a last ditch tackle when they broke. Anya was barely in the game from what i can remember.

That right there is the reason Griffiths won't start.

Fletcher/Naismith is the tried and tested partnership. Hardly free-scoring but since the Germany game we've won 3 and drawn 2 in the group so they've done their part.

Well Fletcher (apart from the obvious 'fish in a barrel' game) for me is far from reliable, LG just seems to have that touch and confidence at the moment. WGS will probably use both but I hope LG starts.

(Of course everything I say the opposite happens so Fletcher will probably start and get a hat-trick! Lol)