How Much Have You Spent Following Scotland? - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Much Have You Spent Following Scotland?

I live in France, so "every game is a away game".

Next month will be my 20th game in Scotland.

Let's count a minimum of 500€ (hotel, flights and money to live...or drink...) by game.

20 X 500 = 10 000€

I've been to approx 10 away games, some costing a lot of money, and some costing less. Let's say an average of 300€ by away game.

300 X 10 = 3 000€

So, that's a total of approx 13 000€. Exactly the amount i would need for a new car but i don't regret any € i put for Scotland game! :ok:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has all turned a bit.....dihq4usmbxk9xyy9ssdk.jpg Put them away lads!

All those handbags have got padlocks on them - I've been telling the missus that's the way forward for handbags but she just laughs at me. Now I see someone has beaten me to the punch. Same as when I came up with an idea for for a Velcro fly only to be beaten by ZZ Top and an auld folks website called something like "living made easy"...........

Cheapest would be interesting travelling overseas (ie not where you stay)

Germany 2003 i jumped off a flight coming back from Nigeria in Amsterdam so was only Train Ticket & Hotel so reckon 125 Euros + beer money

France 2007 - i had a trip to Tunisia with work, so jumped off in Paris - mates put me up so think was only beer money for 2 nights

Estonia 97 - think we got flights from Aberdeen to Nice for £58 so stayed there 1 week - not sure was cheap, but was not so bad and hotel was reasonable apart from caretaker always locking us out cos we came home late, and then had to stumble over the guard dog to get to bed

maybe my number earlier was too high

Estonia 97 - think we got flights from Aberdeen to Nice for £58 so stayed there 1 week - not sure was cheap, but was not so bad and hotel was reasonable apart from caretaker always locking us out cos we came home late, and then had to stumble over the guard dog to get to bed

You flew to France for an Estonia game?

Don't meant to be too 'preachy' - on the financial side of things I've now done about 16 away trips. I'm certainly not a rich man and the money I've spent would be pretty eye watering.

But I've got great memories of those trips going away for a few days with friends that will last a lifetime and are worth far more than any fancy car parked in the driveway.

I suppose it depends on whether you're materialistic or not. I'm most certainly not so wouldn't trade the thousands I've spent for anything else

Jings, so it was! I forgot about that infamous debacle. :lol:

feck i didn't - another crap performance 0-0

remember buying champagne in supermarket in Monaco and getting ice from the fish counter to chill it - we all then proceeded to take a short cut through the motorway tunnel where pedestrians are not allowed

Don't meant to be too 'preachy' - on the financial side of things I've now done about 16 away trips. I'm certainly not a rich man and the money I've spent would be pretty eye watering.

But I've got great memories of those trips going away for a few days with friends that will last a lifetime and are worth far more than any fancy car parked in the driveway.

I suppose it depends on whether you're materialistic or not. I'm most certainly not so wouldn't trade the thousands I've spent for anything else

Thats what its about, i spent the georgia game with folk i met in dortmund and spent the dsy before the germany game with them too, you meet some great folk on your travels and i wouldnt trade memories for the money, no chance.

Most I ever spent was during my 2 week road trip round England in Euro 96.

Not been away now since Germany in 2003, definately way overdue to start again. I also just had a look at the sfa website, I'm on my 83rd game watching Scotland when we play Poland.

Most I ever spent was during my 2 week road trip round England in Euro 96.

Not been away now since Germany in 2003, definately way overdue to start again. I also just had a look at the sfa website, I'm on my 83rd game watching Scotland when we play Poland.

I've not been to an away game since 2010 Czech away since been in Cape Town - at 1 stage only missed 2 competitive away games in 8 years

should be back in the fold, next year for a few trips though

Robbed/Drugged in Krakow en route to Dublin from Malta. Had no bank card at the time so €700 in cash gone. Mate booked the wrong flight @ €150 then had another flight for the correct day booked for €400.

Add that to the already booked flights of €400 Malta-Krakow-Dublin then you're looking at €1650 just to get to Dublin airport. Nae pint included!

Easy €2k for one game.

Fortunately, they're not all like that.

Just arrived home from the Georgia trip... few days either side in Poland. 12 days cost around €650 inc. flights.

Cheapest would be Lithuania or Poland as I stayed in both places at the time. :ok:

Edited by OLAS

Dread to think..... but that is why I do not, as I have been to places, done things and got lots of great memories that I would not swap for anything :ok:

But you will never get a true picture.

For example, was checking my accounts after Georgia, and I spent less (not inc hotels) on a week in Kyiv, Yerevan and Tbilisi than I did in 3 days in Dublin.....

Think most travel wise I spent was the Japan friendly in 2009, and even then, we got a cracking deal on flights and hotel that was far to good to turn down.

Br close on 100 away and double that at home maybe. But as I've lived in England for 35 years, every game is an away game. So £100,000 might be on the low side

I moved to England 32 years ago but only lasted 4 years.

That you have lasted so long is credit to your good self.

The trips to watch Scotland obviously an escape from living in a foreign land.