Allan Mcgregor - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Allan Mcgregor

northernscum

Nice, disingenuous post there. No mention of the fact that after 'cocking up' against Northern Ireland, he saved the subsequent penalty. I can't recall the Ireland one so I'll take your word for that.

He'll be referring to the Keane goal in the Celtic Cup game. While I wouldn't say he had no chance to save it, to describe it as a goalkeeping cock up is stretching the truth beyond reasonable boundaries.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It matters as he was desperate to play for team GB and it isn't too hard to work out that if he could play for his country (UK) over his region (Scotland) then he would. Is playing for Scotland anything more than a career and profile boost for him?

Politics has no place in football!! I gather you are a SNP diehard who think No voters are less Scottish, well that's sad. Think you need to take away your anti rangers bias , has he actually ever said he would rather play for a UK team than Scotland?.......No he hasn't!!! You are judging him, says a lot about you!!!

I for one am delighted mcgregor is available to us, think he's a very good keeper whose havin a dip in form, as keepers do from time to time. What if Gordon and Marshall pick injuries at the same time? Oh and Gtf with the politics.there would have been tonnes of players back in the 60s70s would have turned out for a team Gb who are seen as Scotland "legends" now.

Edited by JECK

Politics has no place in football!! I gather you are a SNP diehard who think No voters are less Scottish, well that's sad. Think you need to take away your anti rangers bias , has he actually ever said he would rather play for a UK team than Scotland?.......No he hasn't!!! You are judging him, says a lot about you!!!

He plays for Hull City.

Fair enough, poor response clearly i've upset you if that's your response as you knew clearly what i meant.

I genuinely have no idea what you mean. No one mentioned rangers, he doesn't play for rangers so what are you going on about anti rangers bias for. Where did that come from?

Edited by iainmac1

I genuinely have no idea what you mean. No one mentioned rangers, he doesn't play for rangers so what are you going on about anti rangers bias for. Where did that come from?

McGregor came from Rangers.

Look it up on Wikipedia.

Have you found that link yet?

Have a look at his twitter. I'm sure you can use Google. It reads like one of the British unity, United against separatism etc pages on Facebook. It doesn't take much to figure out that 'proud brits' like him would have jumped at the chance to play for team GB. Suppose representing your region is an acceptable consolation. As long as he remembers to hum gstq during flower of Scotland.

Edited by iainmac1

Have a look at his twitter. I'm sure you can use Google. It reads like one of the British unity, United against separatism etc pages on Facebook. It doesn't take much to figure out that 'proud brits' like him would have jumped at the chance to play for team GB. Suppose representing your region is an acceptable consolation. As long as he remembers to hum gstq during flower of Scotland.

I am sure he's from edinburgh, a city that voted no. So not suprised.

^^^^^^ You're a bigot!!! Forgot that everything on twitter was gospel and no one ever puts stuff on to get a reaction from sad losers like yourself. Still to show the quote.......has he actually said he would have played for team GB?? How about instead of judging him on made up reasons for you to try to justify your dislike of him, why don't you leave politics out of football and remember he is a Scotland international who has played many a good game for us.

LOL good one!

And politics is intertwined with football. Especially international football. We shouldn't even have a team if it wasn't for a coincidence of history that we played the first game.

Haha you scraping the bottom of the barrel coming up with excuses!!!! Still wanting to see it so where is this "I'd rather play for team GB than Scotland" link?

I just went down McGregor's Twitter feed back to the start of 2015 and found no Billy Brit posts whatsoever. Did you just make that up Iain?

McGregor retweets a lot of anti-SNP stuff. Now I haven't trawled all the way back over the last year or so but safe to say that he is not an independence supporter. Beyond that, his politics are likely speculative but I think based on some clues, were you to say he is a proud unionist, you wouldn't be wide of the mark........

McGregor retweets a lot of anti-SNP stuff. Now I haven't trawled all the way back over the last year or so but safe to say that he is not an independence supporter. Beyond that, his politics are likely speculative but I think based on some clues, were you to say he is a proud unionist, you wouldn't be wide of the mark........

I follow McGregor and I'd say you're spot on. I wonder how many Scotland players supported a yes vote last year. I'd be inclined to think there were very few. Do if that's the OP's criterion, we may as well pack up now.

Stop before you found one then? Heres a wee example.

I just went down McGregor's Twitter feed back to the start of 2015 and found no Billy Brit posts whatsoever. Did you just make that up Iain?

Allan McGregor retweeted

Tax payers paid out £100m over last 5 years to wind farms to sit idle as nat grid could not cope! Another great SNP strategy!

Stop before you found one then? Heres a wee example.

Allan McGregor retweeted

Tax payers paid out £100m over last 5 years to wind farms to sit idle as nat grid could not cope! Another great SNP strategy!

I just clicked the link to his name there and realised he has me blocked on twitter! I haven't even contacted him in any way. :blink: Must be when i had a YES profile, which obviously turns everyone into a mental nazi cybernat by default!

1. Allan McGregor retweeted

Alex Salmond personally pressurised St Andrews Uni head to tone down Yes vote concerns. #indyref

87 retweets33 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  2. Allan McGregor retweeted

Ewan Morrison - YES: Why I Joined Yes and Why I Changed to No http://wp.me/p52Hux-U via @wordpressdotcom #indyref #undecided

View summary36 retweets13 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  3. Allan McGregor retweeted

Glasgow's very own Adam Smith Professor on why the Yes economic case does not add up. Please share! http://scottishresearchsociety.com/numbers-dont-add-world-leading-economist-scottish-independence-indyref/ #indyref

24 retweets5 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  4. Allan McGregor retweeted

IMF warns of fallout from Scottish split http://on.ft.com/1qnDJeV

62 retweets19 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  5. Allan McGregor retweeted

EXPOSED: The truth about the businesses supporting separation http://www.scotlandsaysnaw.com/business-for-scotland-exposed/ #Indyref #VoteNo #Scotland

13 retweets5 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  6. From the EU , IMF and Britain . Must have being doing so well eh?

3 retweets7 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  7. Allan McGregor retweeted

27 retweets12 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  8. Allan McGregor retweeted

YES campaigners telling NO voters that they don't have to vote as that'll count as NO. Despicable tactics. Must vote @scotlibdems #nothanks

162 retweets45 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  9. Allan McGregor retweeted

Governor of the Bank of England spells out exactly what would be involved in a currency union. Brutal. #indyref

123 retweets42 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More
  10. Allan McGregor retweeted

So yes want indy for all powers and rather lose % of defence/economic backing/Public Service spending/NHS/jobs + higher tax/shopping prices.

11 retweets7 favorites
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

Dont think there can be any doubt that he is a Billy Brit