Jackie Mcnamara - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumours starting to surface that he could be leaving?

Hearing rumours of JackieMcNamara going at Dundee Utd doesn't surprise. Had heard that he and chairman hadn't been speaking for some time.

Getting pumped at accies wouldn't have helped. I have alot of sympathy for Jackie, after loosing key players to celtic.

Then having to listen to John Collins blab on about over SPFL teams not competing. Thats because you stole their key players.

Getting pumped at accies wouldn't have helped. I have alot of sympathy for Jackie, after loosing key players to celtic.

Then having to listen to John Collins blab on about over SPFL teams not competing. Thats because you stole their key players.

Might be best for him to move on. He has done a good job but eventually seeing all your hard work sold from under your nose has to be pretty demotivating.

Hope he stays and turns it around but do feel for him. I think a fresh manager might be good for us n'all. No replacements spring to mind though.

Anyone any ideas who might replace him if he did go? Duncan Ferguson fancy the job? Would love to see that!

Is Billy McKinlay still out of work?

Edited by kmcca5

ever since the stories about him "earning" on the back of those transfers to Celtic last season, his time seems to have been running out.

I'm amazed that McNamara gets stick for that. Surely the board put that contract in place. The way its spoken about you'd think McNamara had his hands in the till. It was also the board who accepted the bids.

i'm guessing all's not well behind the scenes at tannadice with the youth coach guy being suspended this week?

Also, not sure if i heard right, but is McNamara's current record something like 4 wins in 24?

did that coincided with the two big transfers in January?

did that coincided with the two big transfers in January?

not sure, was listening to RS in the car and I thought I heard them say 4 wins in 24, not 100% sure that's why I was asking.

and yeah, 24 games would take you back to approx January.

not sure, was listening to RS in the car and I thought I heard them say 4 wins in 24, not 100% sure that's why I was asking.

It was.

Beat Aberdeen in the league cup semi on Sat, then lost both players to Celtic on the Monday (last day of transfer window) from what I recall.

Went on a massive downturn with results pretty much from then on.

:yikes3: shows you how crucial these the two players going to east end of glasgow were to his team.

Hmmmm... We'll see. McNamara seems to have done OK but when you see the players he has had at his disposal, can't help thinking he has under achieved. Losing cup final to saints was a shocker. Also rumours that the training regime under him is frankly, well, shite. Can't blame him for the contracts issue - that's STs bag.but losing 4 nil to Hamilton, that is not acceptable. With or without the Celtic sales.

I've been content with McNamara right up until we lose 4-0 to Hamilton fkcuing Accies. Come on, Stuart Armstrong being sold 7 months prior does not exuse a Brewsteresque result like that one.

I'd remove fingers asap if I were you Jackie, if it's still possible.

Edited by adamntg

but losing 4 nil to Hamilton, that is not acceptable. With or without the Celtic sales.

I've been content with McNamara right up until we lose 4-0 to Hamilton fkcuing Accies.

Seems to me that some folk are still living in the 80s expecting their "big team" not to lose so heavily to a "wee team" like the Accies

Can i just remind you of not only the general standard of Scottish Football but also the season Accies had last year and the way the club is run and the philosophy it has ?

Outwith Celtic, in today's Scottish football just because you have a bigger fanbase and a more succesful history than some of the other clubs it doesnt give you the right to expect to beat anyone or not to lose heavily even including the players you have lost

Dundee Utd wont be the last team Accies skelp this season

Edited by Ally Bongo

Winning at Fir park, then losing at accies heavily is to say the least inconsistent.

We weren't very good for most of the game against Motherwell. If we had given away goals as cheaply and as quickly, it could have been the same result.

[quote name="Ally Bongo" post="193532" timestamp="1439680771"

Can i just remind you of not only the general standard of Scottish Football but also the season Accies had last year and the way the club is run and the philosophy it has ?

Did Accies not finish last season in even worse form than United and were without a win or even a goal this season? When you lose 4 goals to a team in that sort of form, questions have to be asked. Accies played reasonably well and were definitely the hungrier team but United's were awful.

It's not losing to Hamilton that is the problem. It's losing 4-0 to Hamilton who hadn't scored a goal all season and were the only team we were able to beat in the three months after selling those two players to Celtic.

And, fanbase does matter I'm afraid. Football clubs - generally speaking, and averaged over a few seasons - finish in order of support. United (average attendance 8500) should not accept losing so heavily to Hamilton (avg 2500).