New Flag For New Zealand - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Flag For New Zealand

I was wondering how long this thread would last without a butcher's apron reference :rolleyes:

You and me both. I'm starting to think it's impossible to have any kind of sensible conversation on here, let alone one about independence, without some rabid ####nut elbowing their way in from one side or the other.

If going by the comments on stuff.co.nz which probably isn't wise (for current opinion) then it seems many don't like the new designs nor want a new flag.

I like the red/blue one with the fern, swirl, and stars. A more modern version of their current flag - keeping the red and blue for the ones who like the old flag/commonwealth, the swirl from the inclusion of the Maori people, and the fern.

I'm pleased they're changing it anyway. Not because they're getting rid of the UJ but because it's so similar to the Aussie flag!

I think when it comes to a vote the old flag will be included in the options so they might chose to stick with it.

Then it will be off the table for a generation or even a life time. #FlagRef2

If going by the comments on stuff.co.nz which probably isn't wise (for current opinion) then it seems many don't like the new designs nor want a new flag.

I was working with a number of New Zealanders recently, mainly middle-aged, far-from-radical types and all were up for a new flag - partly because no bugger can tell the difference between the current one and Australia's.