By Elections - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Labour deid in their heartlands?

All four Glasgow by-elections go to the SNP plus Hamilton South. 5/5.

Calton by-election, Glasgow (6th August) :

SNP 55.5% (+25.5%)

Labour 30.0% (-24.6)
Conservatives 4.7% (+2.1)
UKIP 3.8% (n/a)
Greens 3.6% (+0.6)
Independent - Ramsay 1.7% (n/a)
Liberal Democrats 0.7% (-0.2)

Anderston/City by-election, Glasgow (6th August) :

SNP 48.1% (+18.5)
Labour 28.6% (-21.7)
Greens 13.8% (+3.3)
Conservatives 5.5% (+0.8)
Liberal Democrats 2.2% (+0.5)
UKIP 1.4% (n/a)
Libertarian 0.4% (n/a)

Langside by-election, Glasgow (6th August) :

SNP 49.9% (+22.3)
Labour 21.8% (-14.0)
Greens 13.5% (+5.0)
Conservatives 8.9% (+1.5)
Liberal Democrats 2.9% (-4.4)
UKIP 1.5% (n/a)
TUSC 1.4% (-1.0)

Craigton by-election, Glasgow (6th August) :

SNP 54.2% (+22.8)
Labour 33.3% (-20.1)
Conservatives 6.1% (+2.5)
Greens 2.8% (+0.7)
UKIP 1.9% (+0.9)
Liberal Democrats 1.8% (+0.9)

The day is coming where the SNP need to start delivering on this incredible support. IMO, they've stalled last couple of years and I'm happy to give Sturgeon til next year's elections to rework the policies behind the scenes, but I need to see the SNP doing something radical in Scotland rather than just managing the country. The day might come when the public support leaves the party and there's not a great deal to show for it thus far other than nearly winning independence. That's all great but they need to do better at their day job from next year.

The day is coming where the SNP need to start delivering on this incredible support. IMO, they've stalled last couple of years and I'm happy to give Sturgeon til next year's elections to rework the policies behind the scenes, but I need to see the SNP doing something radical in Scotland rather than just managing the country. The day might come when the public support leaves the party and there's not a great deal to show for it thus far other than nearly winning independence. That's all great but they need to do better at their day job from next year.

:ok:

A minority government would go a long way to helping with this in my humble opinion.

Hope the the greens have no influnce on the next scottish parliment, they couldnt run a bath, just because they supported independence does not merrit a vote IMO

RIP Hampden Loon. Beloved TAMB poster. Choked on the irony of his last post.

Hope the the greens have no influnce on the next scottish parliment, they couldnt run a bath, just because they supported independence does not merrit a vote IMO

Outwith independence, they also have other good policies.

Given they haven't had a real shot at government before, it is a bit unfair to say they couldn't run a bath. I am quite sure they could run a bath, in an ethical, eco-friendly way.

Outwith independence, they also have other good policies.

Given they haven't had a real shot at government before, it is a bit unfair to say they couldn't run a bath. I am quite sure they could run a bath, in an ethical, eco-friendly way.

They also have the only leader in Scottish politics that I wouldn't feel the need to look out the window if they told me grass was green.