Tamb Running Thread - Page 30 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Speaking of Edinburgh, what are the chances of opening up some more places for non-elite runners who don't wanna raise £100's for charity?

Pretty sure there are spaces still for the Strathearn Marathon which is the following week. I imagine the course will be a bit tougher but on the plus side they probably won't leave your bag out in the rain.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of getting back in to running over the next few weeks and doing the Grangemouth "Round the Houses" 10km, on 12th April.

Anyone else doing it? Apparently it's a flat course and good for getting a quick time...

I'm thinking of getting back in to running over the next few weeks and doing the Grangemouth "Round the Houses" 10km, on 12th April.

Anyone else doing it? Apparently it's a flat course and good for getting a quick time...

Got my 10k PB there last year. As flat as a pancake.

Doubt I'll get a PB. Not ran much this year (just five a sides 2x week for cardio) as I've been trying to bulk up.

It'll give me a bit motivation to get out and run over the next fortnight though.

Sprained ankle last month so no running for over 4 weeks now. Rubbish timing as walking the west highland way in just over 3 weeks but its slowly on the mend.

Been doing interval training on the bike in the gym instead which I'm actually enjoying, normally the gym bike is the worst but intervals makes it almost fun.

Hopefully start running again when I get the way finished.

Doubt I'll get a PB. Not ran much this year (just five a sides 2x week for cardio) as I've been trying to bulk up.

It'll give me a bit motivation to get out and run over the next fortnight though.

I'm doing this and certainly PB hunting as I have got parkrun, HM and Marathon PBs in the last fortnight. Haven't got great times last 2 years but 2 years ago it was snowing/sleet (only time I've worn a jacket in a race) and last year I almost got blown off my feet it was so windy. Hopefully this year will be better.

Race ya! (forwards preferably ;) )

Edited by Deeklipse

I'm doing this and certainly PB hunting as I have got parkrun, HM and Marathon PBs in the last fortnight. Haven't got great times last 2 years but 2 years ago it was snowing/sleet (only time I've worn a jacket in a race) and last year I almost got blown off my feet it was so windy. Hopefully this year will be better.

:lol:

I'm not in any shape to race. In 6 months time, we can race :lol:

Haven't got great times last 2 years but 2 years ago it was snowing/sleet (only time I've worn a jacket in a race) and last year I almost got blown off my feet it was so windy. Hopefully this year will be better.

Aye the wind was a killer last year. More knowledgable folk than me said it was worth an extra 30+ seconds on times. No matter which part of the loop you were on it always seemed to work against you!

Edited by GrantP

Garioch 10k today and wasn't sure I would managed as i have an injury but made it round in 50.59. Tough course but great weather for it. It is right on my doorstep but I have only done it twice. I did the first ever Garioch 10K in 2006 in 1hr 7mins and so have improved a bit in 10 years :)

1:47 today for me on the half, good run but felt it in the thighs again at the 11-12 mile mark. Happy with that time tho, a good advance on last years and still some room for improvement.

No way I could do a marathon btw, that took it all out of me.

Edited by harrystarfish

I did the Garioch 10k and thought it was alright. Only issue being my new trainers aren't worn in....

Additionally, my watch said it was only 9.98km - which was, erm...

which was, erm....your watch recording it incorrectly :)

My good lady had the exact same problem!

GPS watches don't all measure the same. Mine wss over 10k. You can't know from your watch if the course was short or not :) 0.2 is nothing and easily a watch error. I run the exact same training route and get many different totals because of inaccurate GPS or maybe even taking corners etc a bit differently

Edited by Lamia

Perhaps it's not the watch, but the route you're running. Although I guess that should never be under. As I didn't stick rigidly to the blue line in my marathon last week I ended up running well over 26.5 miles.

There was a blue line??

I was 0.8km over last weekend which I did not appreciate at the time.

There was a blue line??

I was 0.8km over last weekend which I did not appreciate at the time.

Yeah, usually is for big city marathons. Shows the shortest route. I actually think I ran 26.9 miles.

If you're looking for another foreign one to do, I'd recommend Rome. Same time of year, fairly flat, loads to see on way round and a braw medal!